Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any good fishing near Savanah?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any good fishing near Savanah?

Hello GA crappie, I am going to be in Savanah from 5-5 to 5-9 for a K9 competition. Is there any place that I can go where I can fish from the bank around there or a short drive from there? I can't bring my boat for this trip and the guys going with me are going to golf in thier spare time.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

there is some ponds on mitary base there.my brother fished them when he was station at Ft. Stewart. maby jimmy s will read the post and he can tell you or he may take you if he can.DI may can he was stationed there and may still ahve ties there .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Ft. Stewart is pretty amazing or it can be pretty bad. You have to have a permit to fish there. Follow the speed limit because those young MPs love writing speeding tickets.

Post Thanks / Like

Ft. Stewart is pretty amazing or it can be pretty bad. You have to have a permit to fish there. Follow the speed limit because those young MPs love writing speeding tickets.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing In Savannah

There is a lake on the south side of Savannah that has some whopper crappie in it. it is on Montgomery cross roads just west of Skidaway rd. . you can fish from the bank and catch crappie when the spawn is on but after that it's tough to say the least. there is a dock that you can fish off and I recomend that with live minnows. the name of the lake is Lake Mayer. if I wasen't going in for surgery in a few days I would meet you there with my boat and try to better your chances, contac me when you get here and I will see if I can fish by then. good luck! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to live in Savannah and Jimmy S is right about Lake Mayer and it is free. River Hawk is right about Fort Stewart in Richmond Hill very good fishing but you have to buy a permit. The one thing that I would suggest you take with you is DEEP WOODS OFF because the bugs bite a lot better than the fish, good luck with the fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks alot for the two places to fish. I'll probably try them both. I'm going to get on the road in about an hour.