Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slabfest????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slabfest????

Are all the Slab- fest’s dead in the water?
    Somebody send me a pm and fill me in. I must have missed something somewhere along the way.
    I am trying to make plans for down the road, but I can’t seem to find any info.
    born to Fish, forced to work

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the Slabfest forum on the main page. I made a comment about a month ago about the slabfest schedule, and no one has responded. Folks that were to run them this year aren't posting anymore or very infrequently. I always enjoyed the Slabfest's and wish I was closer so I could help put one on.
    Last edited by Shellback; 05-04-2010 at 06:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they are a thing of the past. Some where along the line what slabfests were really about got lost in the shuffle. The first ones were about sharing and pitching in. Everyone brought something for the fish fry and helped with the fish cleaning, cooking and clean up and had a great time while doing it. It was a family type thing. There were a few bumps, as you would expect, but there were no hard feelings and always sorted our differences out in private. We certainly did not get on here with unsubstantiated accusations and air our dirty laundry on the main off topic forum for the whole world to see.

Post Thanks / Like

Doing a little searching, here's a post Smitty made around April 15th.

6th annual Lake Harding Summer Slabfest. 05/29/2010

I will be the Host for this one. I'll try to be sure you have a great weekend. Some will be camping the 27th until the 30th. The fishing is great this time of year here so be ready to do some...

You might want to contact Smitty to see if it's still on.

Post Thanks / Like

Post I'll check with Smitty

this week and post what I find out. I'm heading to Lake Harding tomorrow for some night stalking with him. His computer died on him a while back so he hasn't been posting much lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information guys.
    born to Fish, forced to work

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke to Smitty a week ago and it is on. We are counting on it.

Post Thanks / Like

From what I have read on here in the past, the Slabfests started going downhill after the tournament trail thingy started after the last slabfest at lake talquin. Then some hurt feelings came along. Then different ways of thinking what should be added to slabfests. I don't think it will ever be what it used to be with the same folks that once attended, but it could make a comeback with some effort. Just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Amen________-----amen
    CATCH FILLET

Post Thanks / Like

Smile May 29th Lake Harding Slabfest

The slabfest at Lake Harding on May 29th is still a go. A few have already made reservations at Blanton Creek Park. We will be arriving on Wed. along with Jarhead and Firefly. Call (706) 643-7737‎ for reservations. Sites are filling up fast.
    We will have a burger/hot dog supper friday night @6pm everything will be furnished except your drinks.
    For the saturday fishfry the cookers/propane, oil, taters, breading, vidalia onion, sweet tea, ketchup, plates, and baked beans are already spoken for.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast