Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Weiss versus other Coosa Lakes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Weiss versus other Coosa Lakes

New member here but have been reading the board for awhile now. Great info here and felt maybe i should ask some questions that I have. We go to Weiss every year and have a great time. No complaints. However we are wanting to change the scenery this year. We go the 2nd week of April. I was looking at a map and noticed that weiss is basically in a long line of lakes on the Coosa. I think I have heard Lay Lake mentioned here but not alot. Certainly not like Weiss is. I see Logan Martin, Neely Henry, Mitchell, and Jordan all line up down the Coosa. The question I have is how do these lakes compare to Weiss for crappie. We catch some dandys on Weiss and was wandering if these other waters provide great crappie fishing as well. If so, what would be your pick? Any information you might have to offer would be a help.

Post Thanks / Like

Neely Henry does well also, seems to peak a little later than Weiss. You can check this website out for reports. They are pretty slack this time of year but give weekly reports starting around Feb.

Lake Weiss Guide Service

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Matt...i was aware of that website as I used to follow it quite alot before Mr. Pope passed away. Still curious about other lakes in the Coosa Chain. carppoop.

Post Thanks / Like

been fishing michell for years always heard about weiss but can,t see how it could beany better went new years weekend got around 60 at 14 ft. water was 48 degrees but never fished weiss