Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Marrital problems?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marrital problems?

Well, I got my youngest brother to go fishing with me today. We got to the lake and the wind was blowing about 20 mph. There was a good frost on the ground. He looked at me and ask me if I was having marrital problems. I looked at him like,what the h*ll do you mean? He said anybody that fishes in weather like this is crazy or having problem at the home front and getting out of the house. :D Apparently he does not understand what we love to do. I told him to shut up and help get the boat ready.
    By the time the smoke cleared we both caught almost our limits. I think he understands now. I took him home and kept all the fish. :D
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-08-2006 at 03:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

You think he gets it now? If he's not sure, just have him call me and Paul :D Sounds like the crappie fishin bug needs to bite him a little harder!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishingpox
    I took him home and kept all the fish. :D
    LMAO!:D Way to go!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Remarks like that and I think I'd kept 'em all too!! :D :D :D
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I got my youngest brother to go fishing with me today. We got to the lake and the wind was blowing about 20 mph. There was a good frost on the ground. He looked at me and ask me if I was having marrital problems. I looked at him like,what the h*ll do you mean? He said anybody that fishes in weather like this is crazy or having problem at the home front and getting out of the house. :D Apparently he does not understand what we love to do. I told him to shut up and help get the boat ready.
    By the time the smoke cleared we both caught almost our limits. I think he understands now. I took him home and kept all the fish. :D
    Hey Rusty:

Glad you got a mess! You did the right thing keeping all the fish. Probably should have him over for the fish fry though since he IS your brother.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-08-2006 at 03:59 AM.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Its Pretty amazing some of the looks you get winter Fishing.Oh Well-their the ones who dont know what their missing!!My Grown up Kids think I'm nuts???
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

My wife likes it when I go fishin. Believe it or not. She and I have been married for about 39 years so I guess we are use to each other by now. Never have argued over hunting or fishing in all the years we been married either. But it could have something to do with what I said to her Just before we got married to. I said " If you do not want me to go, Or do not like hunting and fishing say so right now and this is off" She was OK with it.

I think more of the youngn's should ask first to. Save a lot of time and money. LOL Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, it should be right in the Marriage Vows, "I will honor my spouse's fishing or hunting obsession without whining or complaining".
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre Nuptial Agreement

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Yea, it should be right in the Marriage Vows, "I will honor my spouse's fishing or hunting obsession without whining or complaining".

Well it looks like it's too late for those of us who are married. My wife loves to fish as much as I do, so there isn't a problem usually, unless its being behind on the honey-do list.

But we all need to give this advice to those who arn't married. They need to have a Pre Nuptial Agreement. Stating that they love to fish, hunt, or whatever else they like to do, and that the spouse must understand, that for them, they need to be able to fish, as it helps to keep them happy. This pre-nup can also go both ways.

hawkman is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I took him home and kept all the fish. :D
    Did you let him help clean them before you took him home?
    Crappie fishing is my lighthouse of sanity in an insane world,
    It keeps me from crashing on the rocky shores of everyday life.
    Crappie.com is my beacon of light!