Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 10/7-10/9 Rain,Rain,go away!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 10/7-10/9 Rain,Rain,go away!

My fishing days are shot. I had Thurs,Fri and Sat to fish but its rained nonstop. Thought about just putting on the slicker suit and going anyway but the water is high now.Anyone been able to fish?
    Jim and Tammy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nope......

Quote Originally Posted by JnT
    My fishing days are shot. I had Thurs,Fri and Sat to fish but its rained nonstop. Thought about just putting on the slicker suit and going anyway but the water is high now.Anyone been able to fish?

None of my cohorts have been fishing, especially today. My rain gauge shows we've had 3 3/4 inches since 2:00 am the 8th. I don't doubt our fishing holes will be high and muddy too. Still raining now in S'port, just light to medium, but if the forecast is correct, it's supposed to continue thru Monday w/ possible t'storms. Looks pretty gloomy. What does one take for cabin fever anyway?!?!

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone caught a mess of crappie out their back door yet? Been a while since I've seen it rain like it has the last 3 days.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just hoping it goes away in a couple weeks me the deacon and other family members have camps rented at fausse point camp grounds after not catching sizeable fish in a while now I pitty the fool who dosen't go before me and catch something cause I don't think I can put my pole down till every sacalait is caught .l.o.l.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey, Sacalait Steve......

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    Just hoping it goes away in a couple weeks me the deacon and other family members have camps rented at fausse point camp grounds after not catching sizeable fish in a while now I pitty the fool who dosen't go before me and catch something cause I don't think I can put my pole down till every sacalait is caught .l.o.l.

I've been wondering where you and Deacon were hiding, missed reading your posts. This has been a strange year for fishing, with all the bad weather and negative fish, but that's why they call it fishing instead of catching. I hope your family gets enough crappie to have a good fish fry. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey, Tommy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    Has anyone caught a mess of crappie out their back door yet? Been a while since I've seen it rain like it has the last 3 days.

It happens! Two or three years ago my son and his wife were catching bluegills and redears off their front steps. They probably would do the same this year if they hadn't drained Bistineau late this summer. It's a good thing their house is above ground level.

Did you brave the weather and go fishing? It wasn't too bad here, plenty of rain, but almost zero thunder and lightning.

Out of pure desperation, I've been calling the professional sitter services, and learned that I may be able to enlist the help of a program offered by the "Caddo Council for the Aged" here in S'port. They're sending a rep Tues. or Wed. to see if we qualify. They allow 96 hours of service per year, which isn't much, but it will give me some time out of the house to go fishing, grocery shopping, etc. if we can qualify. If I use it wisely, I may get 10 or 12 days fishing, depending on how long I stay. If I have to pay a sitter, it will come out of my cam money, but I need some time outside more than the cam. We'll see how it goes Tues. or Wed.

Post Thanks / Like

Labill we have been here all along reading the posts daily but really not having a lot to talk about fishing wise, hope that all changes after this weather blows over,didn't go fishing today instead decided to go and see the lady cajuns play soccer, we won!
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Lady Cajuns......OT

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    Labill we have been here all along reading the posts daily but really not having a lot to talk about fishing wise, hope that all changes after this weather blows over,didn't go fishing today instead decided to go and see the lady cajuns play soccer, we won!

Steve.....I heard that they won on one of the sports channels, S. LA is celebrating! Congratulations on the win!

I just totaled the rainfall since 2:00 am on the 8th to present time, and it comes to 5.5 inches, and it's still raining. According to the forecast, it should be clearing Tues. Looks like ya'll are getting more rain than us, so be careful out there, and good luck........