Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Clarks Hill Shellcrackers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clarks Hill Shellcrackers

I'm headed up to Clarks Hill to try and get on some Shellcrackers this weekend. Do any of yall know what they are doing up there right now? Surely they should be bedding with this full moon. I make several trips up there a year and do pretty good with the bigger bluegill but only caught a few shellcrackers here and there. Thanks! By the way, i will also be shooting a few docks and pontoons for crappie so i will post a report when i get back sunday!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shell Cracker

Try the grass beds about 18 inches deep. On secondary points.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

How'd ya do?!?
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Not wufa you know what! Caught plenty of bream but all bout 3 fingers....not single shellcracker and not a single nice keeper sized bluegill. But i did catch about 20 crappie under one dock/pontoon but not worth keeping. Did catch a few flatheads on some bream though but just a couple. Still had a good week camping on an island and enjoying myself.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShellCrappie View Post
    Not wufa you know what! Caught plenty of bream but all bout 3 fingers....not single shellcracker and not a single nice keeper sized bluegill. But i did catch about 20 crappie under one dock/pontoon but not worth keeping. Did catch a few flatheads on some bream though but just a couple. Still had a good week camping on an island and enjoying myself.
    Well, sorry the fish didnt bite better for ya, but that's what it's all about anyway...having a good time.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.