Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sinclair 04/17

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sinclair 04/17

Friend and I traveled to Sinclair for our first ever dock shooting mission (on that lake). We put in a Haslems and went toward Island (assume Optimus) fished coves and in main lake. All of the fish we caught seemed to be toward the mouth of the coves, or along the deeper chanel. Ended up with 26 fish most around 3/4 lb, with largest being 1lb12oz female. All of females were still full of eggs. Water temp was 74.8 and the fish seemed to be on the front of docks right on bottom. Color was blck/gry/chart.
    Hope this helps someone!! Will be back soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the catch, and thanks for the info. I sure would like to get to sinclair and give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

you done better than i did friday morning.my son caught one and i got skunked for 5 hours,i blame it on the really low water friday morning but who knows.it looked to be down about two feet. that was unusual to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats SoutherSlabber on your Sinclair success. Glad you did well and caught some good fish. The bad thing about Sinclair is the water is too high for several weeks due to rain then too low for weeks due to no rain. Kinda like Goldilocks, too hot or too cold. I wish we had more days that were just right. Sounds like you found a day that was just right for you.

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy and I shot docks most of the day Saturday. Fished in Rooty Creek, Crooked Creek, and some coves on the main river. Wasn't the best day, but wasn't the worst either. We caught 26. Caught a few pretty decent fish. Didn't have a scale to weigh the fish, but the largest went about 14 1/2 inches. Caught most of the fish in Rooty. All of the biggest fish were caught in a cove off the main river. Only caught one in Crooked. It was amazing how much the water level had changed since I was there less than two weeks ago. Too high then, too low now. Maybe someday I'll catch it just right.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats SS. Sounds like a good day.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.