Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 6th annual Lake Harding Summer Slabfest. 05/29/2010

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 6th annual Lake Harding Summer Slabfest. 05/29/2010

I will be the Host for this one. I'll try to be sure you have a great weekend. Some will be camping the 27th until the 30th. The fishing is great this time of year here so be ready to do some catching. weigh in for the tourney

reserve your site now as the park fills up early. link below
    Blanton Creek Park - Google Maps

We will have a burger/hot dog supper friday night @6pm I'll furnish everything except your drinks.
    For the saturday fishfry I will have the cookers/propane, oil, taters, breading, vidalia onion, sweet tea, ketchup, plates. Please call or pm me if you can bring something that I didn't list. 334 448 8860.

see you all there.

p.s. sorry but I can only be online a few times per week so I don't post much. call me if you have any questions. I should have my computer up by may 10th.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

We will be there on the 26th smitty, called last night and made reservations for site 23. All the lake sites are taken.

Post Thanks / Like

Put Bill Reaneau down as partners with SChief and me.
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

Several people have called and pm'd to say they will b there. Slabfest will go on as scheduled. It will just be a little smaller for awhile. I have attended them with 3 and four boats in the tourney. ya know what? We all had a great time and we will at Harding. Come join us.
    So far we have 6 sets of campers and me. We have people coming from Florida, alabama, and georgia. I invite all of you and ALL of you are welcome.
    We will start fishing weds night and stop sometimes sunday.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

spoke with some of those already at the camp. good to see so many already fishing. I will not make it until the meal Saturday. I am leaving for south florida tonight and will be home near sunset friday.
    cyall saturday

Post Thanks / Like

Smitty , just what I said. It needed you to hold it together. You the man Smitty !!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

foul hook , sounds like too me everyone really had a wonderful time at slabfest ???????on my birthday one i wont forget ... this year will be a new beginning in get togethers .... . hope you are well smiles faye s

Post Thanks / Like

Who won the tournament, who fished?

Post Thanks / Like

Another post announced the winners, Jarhead and Firefly. It was posted around 11:00 Sat morning, and no mention of a second or third. So maybe there wasn't much of a turn out. Sure is a shame, the slabfests were a fun event.
    The first one I went to was Blackshear about 2 years ago this spring. Howard, you were the first person to greet us the day of arrival. You had seen our PA tags in the office parking lot and came right up and introduced yourself. I knew I was going to enjoy the company of some fine people!

Post Thanks / Like

It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife. Great eekend, look forward to seeing you guys again.