Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sinclair Today 4/12/10

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sinclair Today 4/12/10

Decided to shoot some docks on Sinclair. Started at 3pm and fished until dark. Caught 27 NICE fish. All over 1.25lbs. Water is still stained, but cleaning up quickly. White belly/ silver glitter back FIN-S shad was still the pick of the day. Docks only gave up 1 to 2 fish per dock. Found an older couple trolling and had only caught one catfish. Gave them a good mess. They were so excited that the lady said, "Let's go now and call all the kids to come over for a fish fry". She said that was the most fish she had seen all year. Went back and started hitting the docks hard. Found a family of 5 fishing on a Ga. Power public dock. They had not caught a thing. Filled their 5 gallon bucket up with GOOD crappie. They were so excited. Praise GOD for our many blessings. Nothing makes me feel better than giving fish to people you know are not going to catch anything from the bank. I know this may sound corny, but I feel GOD blesses me to be able to catch the fish to give to those that are trying their best, but just not catching anything. It is funny, they feel they have been given a gift or blessing, but I am the one that got the blessing by seeing the expression on their faces. Try this sometimes after the freezer is full or you don't feel like cleaning just a few fish. Just a few fish is more than many of these bank fishermen will catch all year.

Post Thanks / Like

That's really a nice thing to do. You get to enjoy catching the fish. Give them away to familys who actually want them bad enough to try and catch some. Then you don't have to worry with cleaning them. Man that's a great set-up after the freezer is full.

Post Thanks / Like

River Hawk you're a gentlemen and a scholar!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Gift!!!

I agree. I have some "senior saints" that are now well past the age of catching their own, even from the bank, so I bring'em in, clean em, and then take them fish ready to cook. Many of these folks used to LOVE to fish, so a mess of fresh fish is very deeply appreciated. God does bless us in order for us to bless others. That's the way its supposed to work. Shoot, I may make the drive over to Sinclair one day and sit on the bank and hope you come by.
    Good luck and keep blessing others.
    Hey.....open the livewell!

Post Thanks / Like

I was down there today at Sinclair today also River Hawk, kept 17 keepers and caught a few more small ones I put back. Did not see anyone on the bank where I was, and it was like you said for me too, a couple here and there. I left at 3 PM and had a god blessed good day on the water with my little angel Nickie (15 year old female Jack Russell). Would like to meet up with ya some time to shoot the breese and talk fishing..

captin

Post Thanks / Like

i know how ya feel river hawk.
    i have a friend that can't fish anymore cause he has lung cancer.
    so i bring him a good mess when they run low and he's just happy to get'em. then he starts bugging his wife to start cooking,,,lol
    she tells me that he eats best when she fried up the fish.
    GOD bless ya RH!
    Got crappie?:D

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the positive feedback. You all have discovered the SECRET. Giving to others is SOOOOO MUCH MORE SATISFYING than always wanting. The more you give the less you want. You will get it back 10 fold. Now the Bible says 100 fold, but my 10 fold is pretty good to me. Look for situations to help others. If you see a soldier in uniform or an elderly couple (or someone or family that looks like they cannot afford to be eating out), buy their lunch or dinner. Call the waitress over and ask for their bill, but tell her to tell them their bill was paid and not let them know who paid it. Anonymity is the best way. You can either leave or sit back and watch their reaction. You will be surprised at the amazing reactions your selfless act can create. You have heard all the credit card commercials, but I promise you their reaction is PRICELESS.