Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: new to forum and need a good lake to fish in florida

Post Thanks / Like

Default new to forum and need a good lake to fish in florida

Hello fellow Crappie fishermen and women, I am new to the forum but definitely not new to Crappie fishing. My favorite would be trolling and this time of the year nite fishing. Just wanted to say hello to you all... see yall on the lakes...... where are the best lakes for crappie fishing in florida....wife is going to the beach and i get to fish for a whole week.....:D

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

you might go on the Fla board and post for info
    only lake i know of is lake talquin . never ben there but herd it was a good lake. 25 limit not nothing undere 10 in.. no skiing and if you don`t know the lake go slow the lake is full of unmarked stumps.
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

#1 Orange Lake / Lochloosa Lake...Gainesville

#2 Lake Talquin

This two are the main lakes me and Dad fish for crappie....he lives in Lake City, which has some decent smaller water fishing for crappie as well. If I had to pick just one it would be Orange lake just because its not as crowed at times as Talquin will be.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Post Thanks / Like

The Harris chain, Lake Toho, The Kiss chain The St Johns river. You will not have trouble finding good water in Fla. The Winter Haven chain. The list goes on. I would think that no matter what Part of Fla. that you might visit, you will be within an hr of good fishing. If you can make it to Kiss you will be in for a real treat. Good luck and keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like

When im in florida we do good on Lake Kissimmee. Just drift through the grass and droping in the holes. My father in law said they are already starting to move out of the beds already down there though.