Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hand controle on your foot controle trolling motor

Post Thanks / Like

Default hand controle on your foot controle trolling motor

I have seen all kind of rigs but this is one that I have not seen a man had a handle with a plate welded to it then had two bolts through the foot controle of his minkota foot controle. It was like a stick on a helicopter whare you controle the helicopter this thing worked great all he would do is move it forward or back to controle the way he wanted to go or to the left to turn it on.

mikeg

Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested in that set up, can you get any pic's or more info. I have a bad leg and that would make it easier to operate. Got me one of them with auto pilot which is fine but sometimes the motor will turn 180 degrees and ngive you a thrill if you're headed into the wind on high. Ferdi

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hand control

This is the same set-up I use. A friend of mine made this for me. All you need is a plate to bolt to the side of the trolling motor. We used a extension rod that fits an atv shifter. Rod is about 14 inches long. We also put a switch on the top of the shifter to cut trolling motor on and off. The bracket on the side is a flat piece of metal with a nut welded to that piece. We took the rod and threaded it so when we want to go back to using the foot pedal old style we unscrew it from side plate .This rod can be found at many four wheeler dealerships. Sure has made my fishing trips a whole lot more enjoyable.

Post Thanks / Like

Any chance we vcan get a picture of this gizmo..

Post Thanks / Like

Default I am going to make a protipe of wood

I will make a prototype using wood and try to get it on here. all it consist of is a 1/8" plate and a handle made from a piece of pipe with a rubber grip on it like that one on a bicycle hankle bars. It has the two bolts one at the front of the foot controle and one at the back nothing goes over the switch but the metal which I am talking about. You just leave the two bolts a bit loose whare you have enough play to tilt it to the left side to engage your on and off switch and motovate on.

mikeg

Post Thanks / Like

Default You really need to see this one!

Quote Originally Posted by dwightparks
    This is the same set-up I use. A friend of mine made this for me. All you need is a plate to bolt to the side of the trolling motor. We used a extension rod that fits an atv shifter. Rod is about 14 inches long. We also put a switch on the top of the shifter to cut trolling motor on and off. The bracket on the side is a flat piece of metal with a nut welded to that piece. We took the rod and threaded it so when we want to go back to using the foot pedal old style we unscrew it from side plate .This rod can be found at many four wheeler dealerships. Sure has made my fishing trips a whole lot more enjoyable.
    Mikeg,
    These boys have done it right. Everytime these KY boys come down, I'm just dumbstruck by their gadgets that they've made. This one is certainly a neat looking attachment. Come on "D," put him a picture of it on here.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi M

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg
    I have seen all kind of rigs but this is one that I have not seen a man had a handle with a plate welded to it then had two bolts through the foot controle of his minkota foot controle. It was like a stick on a helicopter whare you controle the helicopter this thing worked great all he would do is move it forward or back to controle the way he wanted to go or to the left to turn it on.

mikeg
    I have been using this kind of a rig for years. I have a bad foot, so I built this rig. It is a 1 inch pipe welded to a 2 inch x 6 inch x 1/4 inch flat stock and shaped to fit the foot control. I drilled holes to mount the steering where it would not intefere with movement and wiring. Works well.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:03 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tom, how about some close ups? I need to do something like that on my buddies boat.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

that is interesting . yes i would like to see that a frind of mine had both leggs just below the knee amputated . he has a eletric pad he can hold in his lap . the handle would be better on the pad as it will be hard to handle it and fish.
    retired and now i will always fish

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pictures

I will take some pictures of the handle this coming weekend and post a description with the pics. I don't use the off/on switch on the foot control. I added/modified a hotfoot switch and wired it into the foot control wiring. I have even put the off/on switch in the handle for a handicap vetran. He uses his thumb to turn motor on/off, just like a joystick. Works fine. I have helped a lot of handicapped fishermen with convenience devices. Helps them out, and makes me feel good. No charge.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast