Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: tackle box for Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default tackle box for Crappie

What type of tackle box do you all use for crappie fishing? Say for all your jigs, do you open them induvidually or just place them in single compartment? Like with hal flys on the card. I have a tackle box with the removable boxes but a hal fly card will not fit because it has the dividers. I just like an organized box. I do want it to be able to hold everything I need for crappie fishing.
    Thanks Tim

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Plano sectioned plastic boxes for everthing. One holds jig heads several others for plastic bodys of different types,,but they all stay in my boat..When I get low on something In the plastic boxes I restore it when I get home from bulk bags bags of bodys I keep in my shop. If I fish with someone in their boat I just put a few of my favorites in spare plastic boxes and pack all that in one of the Bass Pro shops canvis zip up bags.

Post Thanks / Like

here you go...this is how I have mine organized...i like mine all neat and handy.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Post Thanks / Like

Dutch!! You may have a problem. That is the most crappie gear I have seen in one place.
    haha including bass pro. Nice setup

Post Thanks / Like

The cabelas advanced angler bags are the best out there IMO.

Link

I only have my hooks in the plastic trays. All my bodies are split up in bass pro binder bags . My bodies just always faded too bad in the trays. Bags take up less room too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie_DAWG View Post
    Dutch!! You may have a problem. That is the most crappie gear I have seen in one place.
    haha including bass pro. Nice setup
    Yeah, my wife has said the same thing a time or two.....what can I say I am a crappie addict. Crappie is all I fish for other than bruiser 'cracker and 'gills.

heres my fishing rod collection....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the input. Im doing right with mine then. Dutch, you must either have a BIG boat or one that follows you on the lake with your tackle. Man that is a mighty fine collection of gear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timbo 66 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the input. Im doing right with mine then. Dutch, you must either have a BIG boat or one that follows you on the lake with your tackle. Man that is a mighty fine collection of gear.
    I usually have to fish by myself due to my work schedule so I have plenty of room in the boat since my lab usually stays on the back deck. But I have narrowed it all down to one BIG tackle bag and only carry 10 poles so its managable.