Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Blackshear boat Ramp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Blackshear boat Ramp

Planning a trip down to Blackshear any boat ramp recomendations coming from Perry. Any fish locations would be nice to if someone is willing to give me a hint. Thanks

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i would put in at RAZ on 280 . west end of the bridge . they have anything you might need .the ramp fee is waved now . this is a new place opened . haven`t ben there but i have herd they have bate gas and a restaurant . troll the flat between the 280 bridge and the RR track. you can go south of the RR on the right into pecan slough it is shallow and a good flat to troll .deeper water on the right around 9 ft. most is 3 to 6 ft.if you put in at the state park go streight across to pecan slough . there is a $5.00 park pass fee .go down to seader creek . there is a public boat ramp . somke bridge on HWY300 close t0 warwick.
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the quick response and the info i will trying dropping in at 280 seems pretty simple there. Do you have any bait or lure recomendations in that lake.

Post Thanks / Like

We had good luck with redhead/john deere, orangehead/firetiger, and blackhead/black/chartruese southern pro hot grubs on Sunday and Monday this past week. Troll them about 4ft under a cork.

They might be a little deeper (8-12') with this front pushing through but should be back shallow by the first of the week.

Good Luck
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never trolled before i will have to try that. That may be my big problem is that havent been doing that. Thanks for all the help so far guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Im going today should get there in between 430 and 5 gonna fish till dark. I will let you know how i do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikem2424 View Post
    Im going today should get there in between 430 and 5 gonna fish till dark. I will let you know how i do.
    good luck....I am heading down there Tuesday and Wendsday.

Post Thanks / Like

Well no luck agian. Blackshear was nice though but yet agian no Crappie think i went to far though. Went throught the railroad and went about quarter mile down on the right trying to find the Pecan area but couldnt find it. Then moved to the area where the access to Vetrans ramp is. I really liked the RAZ though nice little place they did charge me $2 for the ramp though but there minnows were great nice and lively. Oh well try agian next week. Maybe just not to ment to crappie fish, i always do good on bass but i love the way Crappie taste and fun to catch when you find them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikem2424 View Post
    Well no luck agian. Blackshear was nice though but yet agian no Crappie think i went to far though. Went throught the railroad and went about quarter mile down on the right trying to find the Pecan area but couldnt find it. Then moved to the area where the access to Vetrans ramp is. I really liked the RAZ though nice little place they did charge me $2 for the ramp though but there minnows were great nice and lively. Oh well try agian next week. Maybe just not to ment to crappie fish, i always do good on bass but i love the way Crappie taste and fun to catch when you find them.
    you can see the marina on the back side of the park from the mouth of Pecan....plus is goes in and T's. If you don't have a lake map, google earth it and it shows detail pretty good.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike pecan slough is streight across frome the state park
    retired and now i will always fish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast