Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need a little Help.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need a little Help.

I recently moved to middle GA orginally from FL. In FL we normally just drift through vegatation droping minnows in the holes till we find a school.I cant seem to find the crappie here in GA. Basically they should be bedding now so i have been trying to find any vegetaion i can find. I have been hitting Houston lake in Warner Robins, and Tobo. Cant seem to find them though. Been using minnows and tried some jigs too. Im planning a trip to hit Blackshear next just cant figure what im doing wrong. Side note im done with Houston lake that thing is just a mudd hole with no fish in it.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to catch crappie this time of year. You can find some deeper docks and get you some 1/24 or 1/32 jigs and shoot some docks. Or find some trees that have fell in the water hopefully deep water and fish some minnows in it.

Post Thanks / Like

your right about Houston lake....I gave up on it a few years ago....funny when I first moved to Bonaire in 2000, I caught some nice slabs out of there. Now can't even hardly catch a 'gill in there now.

Try trolling jigs under corks in 4-12 feet of water right now...dripping minnows on brushpiles, treetops, around riprap is also productive right now. Tobosofkee is a decent lake but I believe its having a down year....at least for me...usually wear them out there but been havint to work to find and catch them this year. Been fishing Blackshear lately and having some good luck as well.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Post Thanks / Like

tobo is a good lake if you know where to look. lower thomaston bridge holds fish year round sometimes they won't stay off your hook and sometimes you can't get a bite. i have been in shallow water fishing under a cork and have done really well the last few weeks. it has slowed down so it's should be any day now the bridge should really turn on

Post Thanks / Like

Is that the bridge by the Marina or the one over by the hazard area on the south end.

Post Thanks / Like

Nevermind found it on the map. You been just finding them under the bridge or all around the bank there

Post Thanks / Like

they stay under the bridge but i have been fishing the banks in other areas. arrowhead park area has been good to me but the size is decreasing. the bridge should turn on any day.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool thanks for the info let me know if they turn on i will try to hit that next weekend if i dont feel like drving down to Blackshear agian.