Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crappie Nibbles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Nibbles

Well I went and bought some crappie nibbles(white & chartreuse)
    and couldn't stop there I had to have the sparkly ones too
    Silver & Gold. Now that I have them do they work. Do any of
    you real crappie fishermen use these???? Are they as good
    as wax worms???

Post Thanks / Like

I have only had good luck with them in the spring.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

Default confidence booster

I like to use crappie nibbles. I'm not convinced they make a big difference. On the other hand, even if they make a little difference that's good enough for me.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never tried them myself but from all the ideas from these forums there's alot that I will be trying this year.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Last year my fishing partner and I fished together all year and did a test, he used nibbles I didn't after all year we tallied the results and he cought 31% more crappie than I. This year we are both using, and we are running neck and neck. by the way, I hate the ones with glitter, It gets all over everything...Mike

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default P.i.t.p.p.

I,m Like You Pig ,they May Not Help But They Sure Don,t Hurt

They Seem To Help A Lot On Shelbville But Can,t See Any Difference Down Here In Fl---all The Tackle Shops Have Them So They Must Be Sellin Them
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you guys,not convinced they help,but they sure don't hurt.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm convinced they hurt. I have been catching fish before at a slow pace and thought if I tried the nibbles I would catch more. I ended up catching none while using them. I went back to fishing without them and caught more fish. I think one thing that makes a difference is how you fish. I think it might work sometimes when vertical jigging for inactive crappie, but not work as good while casting for crappie. To be completely honest, I have never caught a crappie on a crappie nibble tipped jig, and I've caught my share of crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I like them

I've done a little research like Mike, by using the same jig on 2 poles and using nibbles on one and without on the other. What I've seen is that in the spring and summer, the one with the nibbles will beat the one without almost 3 to 1. This winter is a different story in that I can't hardly get a fish to hit with a nibble on. In the spring and summer when I've tried my jigs for a while and can't get a hit, I then try with a nibble in the same areas and the same jigs almost always start catching fish. I got one of Slab Hunter's Bait Pumps (look in the crappie small buisiness directory at the top of the page) and am convinced that come spring I will up my yield of crappie by using it. It hasn't helped this winter much, but like I said, I always catch them with nibbles in spring and summer. As far as the glitter in them, I have to agree with Slab Hunter in that it looks like scales in the water coming off your jig. Using the Bait Pump and tube jigs, you don't have to worry about it getting all over your boat. I'm strictly a vertical jig fisherman, so like CS said, it may be different on casting and I can't say anything about that other than that if the casters say it doesn't help them, then I can't argue.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have yet to get a bite using them. Maybe they work better in clear water lakes than our cypress stained rivers?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast