Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Praise GOD for the rain!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Praise GOD for the rain!

I don't know about all of you, but thank GOD for that wonderful rain today. It washed all that yellow powder away. It became a frog strangler from 5:30pm til dark and guess who was out in it shooting docks on Sinclair without a poncho or rain gear. You know it is raining hard when everytime you lean over to shoot a dock you feel ice cold water running down the crack of your behind. Now, I apologize for that visual for you that know me personally. I was teaching my next door neighbor how to shoot docks. Set him up with a Wally Marshall dock rod and a Flueger reel with 4lbs. test. He became a little frustated when he did not master the technique as quickly as he had hoped, but he did quite well for his first time. I continued to tell him it is all in the set up to shoot and being consistent, but most of all it took lots of practice. The main thing is we CAUGHT FISH. He said he now realized why I preach the benefits of dock shooting. You know it had to be good if I stayed till dark in a frog strangling rain. I was soaked to my drawers and starting to get cold, but it was worth it. The best part was converting a live bait, cane pole holding fisherman to the dock shooting religion.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes those were nice visuals. Did you fish Island creek again? What was the size of most fish?

Post Thanks / Like

Fished the coves from Little River Park down towards Haslem's Marina. These are just minutes from my house so I fish them all the time. The fish were all over a pound, but they seem to be getting smaller.

Post Thanks / Like

You fishin tomorrow Hawk? I'll be on oconee somewhere on the river side.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably going to stay close to home and fish Sinclair. Got a fish fry tomarrow night for the fine people in my church. They have me down in the church bullitin as the HOST. I am only cooking the fries and puppies. I told them that the word HOST means HE CAUGHT ALL THE FISH. I am now 50 and I am the youngen in my church. I feel so blessed being able to provide fish for all these sweet wonderful people. Older folks seem to appreciate an old time fish fry better than young folks do. Hope all of you catch fish today.

Post Thanks / Like

Default AMEN for the rain

Your right about the older folks enjoying the fish fries better. It seems to be a special treat for them and I enjoy them too.

Post Thanks / Like

We are considered Older folks to the younger folks now. In our minds we are 21 but our body’s are older in my case (52). That’s why I say that 50 is the new 30.