Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: One day you load the boat, the next where did they go?

Post Thanks / Like

Default One day you load the boat, the next where did they go?

It has always amazed me how one day you can load the boat and then the next day fishing in the same location you catch nothing. WHERE DID THEY GO? Absolutely filled the boat with slabs on Oconee yesterday, but today (same docks) my brother (Black Cloud) and I could not catch a cold. The conditions were exactly the same. What happened. Came back to Sinclair and loaded the boat with slabs, but two days ago the fish were small and few. I guess that is why they call it fishing instead of catching. Just when I get kinda cocky and think I am starting to figure it all out, I realize just how little I know.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Happens to all of us Riverhawk.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Happen to me and Dad today on the hill, didnt catch not one keeper crappie and only two dinks. Worst day Ive had in a while.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    Happens to all of us Riverhawk.
    Some us more often than others.....

Post Thanks / Like

Me to Joe,,I'm not the best dock shooter but I can catch a few,,,But seems like when River Hawk don't get em shooting docks they just ain't bittin...I have never met him but he's one of the good guys and post some good reports,, Yesterday I shot docks till 1 pm and got two bites both were small LMB.

I need to find River Hawk one day and just sit back out of the way and watch and see I can learn something,,,mabe I done got too old and then mabe 30 years as a fireman, and all the heat and smoke done killed to many brain cells, (like I ever had and to spare)..

Post Thanks / Like

You can ask any dock shooter and they will all tell you, practice, practice, practice. The more you practice, the better you get and the more comfortable you feel shooting docks. I still have not gotten even close to perfection, but I hit it hard as I can, as often as I can. I loose about 1 1/2 jigs per fish I catch, because I fish dangerously. If the dock CAN'T BE FISHED, I fish it and that is were I catch the most fish. If there are boards blocking my way, I shoot between the boards. When I catch the fish, I slide the net between the boards to net the fish. To many, this sounds extreme, but it makes for some great memories. You got to buy your heads and bodies cheap ( you know you have a problem when the guys at Lunker City call you by your first name) and in bulk to fish this way, but I spend very little money on other things. This is my favorite time of year. If you miss them one day, go somewhere else until you find them. They are sitting under a dock somewhere waiting for you to come and snatch them out. GOOD LUCK.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the problem River Hawk had was Blackcloud71. I must have brought the blackcloud with me. I fished Lanier last Friday and did nothing. I talked to Hank (River Hawk) while on the lake and could hear the splashing of fish while talking to him. We decided to fish Oconee Wednesday I left around 2:30 to come home. He went to Sinclair later that afternoon with a friend and loaded the boat again. I will state his problem again Blackcloud71.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think you were the problem blackcloud, I was down there at Oconee wed also and did not catch a crappie and shot docks form 7:30 till 2:30 and I left (not that I am good enough to catch) but I never saw anyone else getting and either.. Must have been one of them days..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lost fish!

Just came back from a trip to Logan Martin and the fish did that to us twice, but I think it was because of the east wind and high pressure setting in...still ended up with 75 nice fish!