Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: headed to KY lake, meeting Canepole

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default headed to KY lake, meeting Canepole

yup, another person I am going to meet and fish with thanks to this site. Canepole and I are meeting for breakfast Saturday morning around 7am. Leaving the house here at 4:30am and is about a 2 1/2 drive to Paris TN. The wind is supposed to be up, just hope we can get out of it. I know we need to be fishing the deep channel drops which is usually out on the middle of the lake. Will have a good time regardless. Maybe I should get tom to bring his robot boat. We can catch fish from his back porch at his house

Looking forward to this trip and meeting some more fine folks thanks to Crappie.com.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you guys done well. Give us the details

Post Thanks / Like

I know you'll have a great time, David. Just saw Tom last night and he was in rare form!! I think he's gonna have you put in at the new ramp at Britton Ford. Water's low, but you should be okay.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Be sure to let us know all about your trip.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

wish I could join you guys - I will be working through the New Year here in Carolina
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default awesome lake

ok, I found another lake I absolutely love. A little shallow in places, but the kind of lake I could really get use to fishing.

Met Tom at the "Had A Call" country store and had a good breakfast. Met a few interesting foks in there also. Richard Williams was right, it took exactly 2 1/2 hours to get to Paris, Tn. Bought my liscence and some drinks and headed out about 8am.

We put in at a newer boat launch in West Sandy close to Toms house. A little shallow right now, but usuall I guess for this lake in the winter. We had decided to head to some of the channel drops in the main lake near Mansard Island. Stared on the 15 foot drop and slowly moved to deeper water. We fished for a couple of hours before we finally boated a dink. That was a good dink. Would hate to get skunked after such a long drive . We eased around the same area and caught 2 more dinks. We were in 17 feet. I had been catching the fish here in Shoals Creek in 25 feet, so we both decided deeper water was the key. We moved north and finally caught my first keeper across from Sulfur creek. The key depths were 19-22. I found the drop from 19-28 and just slowly spider rigged the outside channel drop. That fish was 15 1/2 by the way, the biggest for me this winter. I ended up bringing home 11 really good fish all caught in that area. On the way in, Tom did catch one fish verticle jgiging in about 9 feet on one of his brush piles. COundlt belive it with the water temps at 40.5 I learned alot about the lake and was able to take the maps I bought and Tom gave me and start visualizing the lake, which is a big deal.

Tom is one top notch guy. From the first handshake that morning we became good freinds. Don't think Tom has ever met a stranger. Thanks for all your help and your willingness to help me learn this lake. Not many people in the world that are that willing to do those things. I am going to take you up on your offer for the future. Seriously this summer is going to work out fine.

By the way, my Garmin GPS 60 was on the porch when I got home!!!!! My luck!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you guys had a great time! I've never fished Kentucky Lake but I really enjoy Barkley! We ain't to far from Paris Landing.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had A goog Time!! You both seem like pretty good guys from what I see on here.Kinda Nice that we have A place Where Crappie People From all over can meet!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

I am ready for another trip already.I want to trol those channels drops again