Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: West Point Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default West Point Report

Report for 4/5 - 5/7, water temp 68-74, lightly stained. Fish are biting good. Males and small females are in 4-6 ft of water, larger females still staged a little deeper in 8-12 ft. We (my son and I ) are averaging around 100 fish per day, and have about 50-60 keepers since we started fishing Monday afternoon. Two largest were 15 inches long, and weighed 1.5 and 1.75 lbs. Catching a lot of fat females in the 12 -13 inch range. Pulling jigs under floats, John Deere, Acid rain, Firetiger, and Black/Chartruse. All the bigger fish we have cleaned are still full of eggs.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

Correction on last post;, should have been 4/5 - 4/7. I guess I forgot what month it is? :D

We also fished 4/8, more of the same. The bigger fish did seem to be steadily getting shallower as the week went along. As mentioned earlier, we were trolling jigs under floats, but others at the cleaning station were doing very good with live bait in blowdowns. They were fishing blowdowns that were in 10-12 ft of water, and said the better fish were caught out near the ends of the trees.

In my opinion, the fishing is only going to get better over the next week or so. Don't let that water temp fool ya. Even though it is already in the 68-74 range, all the fish we cleaned were full of eggs.

Post Thanks / Like

sure some nice crappie, congrats

Post Thanks / Like

We Are Going To Be There In The Morning. Any Particular Area?