Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crystal Clear Oconee

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crystal Clear Oconee

Hit Oconee this morning to shoot some docks. The pollen was incredible. The water had a yellow slug on top. The water under the slug was crystal clear. You could pull up to the docks and see crappie (or whatever fish) 1-3' deep under the docks waiting to be caught. I caught some sho nuff SLABS. You know the kind you try to keep on the hook with one hand while praying you get the net in time with the other. Ballzy Blue Fin-S shad was on fire. Kept over 30 and none were under 1 1/2lbs. Oconee always amazes me on the size fish you can catch there. You know the kind that have to lay on their sides because the live well will not allow all of them to suspend upright. Going back again tomarrow. Does life get any better than this?

Post Thanks / Like

I plan on being there tomorrow too River Hawk,,,What style jig head do you shoot docks with ?? I am out of 1/32nd round heads and ordering from lightwirehooker.

Will the monnow heads skip as good as the round heads ??

Post Thanks / Like

what part of the lake river hawk was going to head to sinclair tom but may go to oconee instead.

Post Thanks / Like

We went to Oconee yesterday (we were trolling) and had a similar experience with the size of the crappie. My partner keeps fish in a cooler on ice and I have seen him put 90 crappie in that cooler. Yesterday we stopped at 2:45 and we had 52 in the cooler but it was slap full. We could not get another crappie in the cooler so we went home. Great day.

Post Thanks / Like

How deep water around the docks whold a guy need to be shooting and where would he find some that was not beat to death by all the waves from all the 368 thousand boat riders at lake wave oh I ment Oconee ???

I shot docks all day today and only caught 2 bass,,both with sores on em..

Post Thanks / Like

Brings back good memories of times past, enjoy while you can and thank God for everything he sends your way My Friend, We may never get to experience that slight flick of the line again, one never knows.
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of truth in your words I believe !!

Post Thanks / Like

Captin you need to make a trip with my friend the Hawk there are not many like him left"""""
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to fish with any one that can show me new stuff. I enjoy looking at anyone catching em and having fun, even if I can't catch em. I am sure there are little things that others learn that makes the day a good catch for that day or a zero.

I hate that River Hawk didn't catch em on Oconee yesterday, BUT it makes me feel a little less DUMB that I didn't catch any either.