Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oconee Today!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oconee Today!!

Me and my son went today. We caught the limit and they were some nice fish. Most fish were caught in less than 4ft of water. I ended up putting corks on and trolling jigs . Wow it was a fun day. Had several fish close to 2lbs. Also caught lots of real dark males. They are surely spawning at Oconee.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Will hit Oconee today after church. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report. Strange thing for me is that I did not see many people crappie fishing around Lick Saturday morning. Bite was fast and furious the first hour after daylight.

Post Thanks / Like

I was the only boat in the cove where I caught these late in the afternoon. It was nice not to have to manuever around others. Was fishing around the golf courses at reynolds.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear Oconee mentioned in the same breath as crappie.....we're moving down to the area in the next 60 days from Virginia. Hope to be close to the lake, if not on it.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a great fishing lake. Or it has been for me. If your going to live on that lake you better have lots of money or excellent credit.. haha there is some beautiful homes there.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife, daughter and I fished the cove by the par 3 on Thursday and only caught 10, but they were huge. The largest was 2lb 1 oz. This is my first post here and I'm still trying to figure out how to imbed the pictures. A buddy and I came back Saturday and ran up almost to the I-20 bridge and caught about 80 by lunch, though not nearly as large as what we had on Thursday. We culled some and headed back over to the golf course cove to put a few kickers on top of the cooler and were pleasantly suprised to find no one in the cove. After more than an hour we found out why. Not even a nibble. We finally ran up Richland Creek and found some fish in the very back of a cove that was almost too small to troll in. We caught about 20 quality fish and another 10 or 15 dinks in the last hour and a half before dark. I really want to get back up there this week, because that first wave of spawning fish is coming soon if it hasn't already and they will be the biggest ones. Oddly enough we have caught only 2 or 3 males out of the 100 plus we caught last week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie_DAWG View Post
    It's a great fishing lake. Or it has been for me. If your going to live on that lake you better have lots of money or excellent credit.. haha there is some beautiful homes there.
    Maybe I'm missing something but I have found real estate down here to be extremely cheap compared to where I'm coming from (central VA)....and I didn't consider Va that bad to begin with!

Typing this from a hotel in Covington, Ga right now! Down for a construction meeting.

Post Thanks / Like

Compared to Virginia, Georgia real estate is a deal. There are a lot of foreclosures in Georgia right now.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm headed to Oconee in the morning . My father in-law went today and caught the limit with some really nice fish. All were caught in that mid part of the lake. Will post how I do tomorrow night.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast