Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: long lining minnows question

Post Thanks / Like

Default long lining minnows question

When long lining minnows do you run a jighead or a hook and splitshot along with a cork?

Thanks
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the answers.....use to a fellow good ask a question and get some help on this forum....sure has changed for the worse since I signed up.

dadgum shame.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Post Thanks / Like

I never troll minnows but all the guys that I know do, use the cork/split shot/#2 aberdeen hook setup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Thanks for all the answers.....use to a fellow good ask a question and get some help on this forum....sure has changed for the worse since I signed up.

dadgum shame.
    It's Easter Sunday today, doubt alot of folks will be on cc.com.

Your question has probably been asked many, many times. A simple search such as this will probably result in answers to your question.

Here's some results from a search on longlining minnows, just pick thru it and you will find some answers. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...fo-newbie.html

Post Thanks / Like

Default Long-lining ?

Dutch, I didn't fully understand the question. To me longlining is lines way back of the boat pulling jigs, roadrunners or even plugs. I guess you could put a float way back there with a minnow. But I think most folks put rods out around the boat -- spider-rigging -- with or without floats and many/most use minnows. And the answer to your question is yes -- could be on a jig head but most I see are on a hook with a splitshot. You see boats all over Oconee with long rods out all around with small floats and most I've seen use hook and splitshot. You usually go slow and the lines are more under the rod tip than out back or they all get together and hang up. As the fish move deeper you'll see more boats pushing long rods with minnows/jigs deeper without floats but with heavier weights. Hope this answers some of your ?? Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minnows?

What are those?...seriously, I haven't bought a minnow in 7 or 8 years...and , in most instances, will outfish those minnow dunkers...even if they watch me catch fish from a spot, then run over and take that spot away, they wont catch the fish I do!...and that happens...a lot!!!