Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this a good deal?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is this a good deal?

Looking at trading my Harley for one of these boats. The dealer is giving me a fair price for the Harley. Take a look at both, which one would you choose?
    The Lowe's boat I can trade the bike + $3000. The white Triton I can trade for + $6000 boot.
    Im thinking the Lowe's boat. The letters are vinyl and I can remove them and its one year newer. But on the other hand, I like the color of the other one but I dont think the color is worth $3000 xtra. So what y'all think?

http://www.minorsmarine.com/tr20lowe.htm
    http://www.minorsmarine.com/21blu.htm

Post Thanks / Like

If it was me, Id go for the white boat one. Dark fiberglass color will show the scratchs much more than white ones. And you will need to keep it waxed show the color wont fade over time. I have a white glass boat now w/ blue, my next one will be white again with some color for accent.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the white one is in a little better shape than the blue one.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default white

I like the white one too, The boat I have is dark and shows every stinkin mark. Triton probably a better product also. Just my $.02

Post Thanks / Like

I do like the white one too. You guys have a good point on the scratches and such. Guess I will have to see if I can get a better deal for that one.

Anyone have any comments on the Mercury motor? Seems like 4 out of 5 boats here are powered by Mercury.

Post Thanks / Like

Merc builds a good motor. Just as a bit of info, Merc no longer builds the carbed or EFI motors. They are all 4 stroke or Optimax motors. Not that you would expect problems with it, or having it repaired if you do. The reason I mention it is that I would imagine it could effect resale value. Sure doesn't seem like you'd need that much motor for crappie fishing, then again some folks just like to go fast. That's okay too!

Post Thanks / Like

Did I mention Im an ex-dragracer :-)

Seriously though, I dont need that much motor, but I do intend on learning to bass fish some. The main reason for looking at these 2 boats is the fact they are willing to take my Harley in on trade, they are giving me a fair price, and these 2 boats are the closest to the price of the Harley without me having to fork out a ton of money I dont have.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see a thing wrong with the blue boat myself. I gotta be different and say that if $3000 is a lot of money to you (like it is to most of us) and it would make a big difference in your budget I would go with the cheaper blue one....I think I could overlook a few scratches for $3000...just my way of looking at things. I think the blue one is a beauty anyway!

Post Thanks / Like

Charger, Go to www.nadaguides.com and see what the book value on the boats are. If you think a dealer is giving you a good price on the Harley trade, that don't seem right. You know how most dealers try a skin you on a trade. LOL! nada guides let's you input all info on accessories, trailers, motors etc. I would think the market for used Harley's would be much stronger than boats. JMHO.
    Last edited by Shellback; 12-26-2005 at 04:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems they may have a pretty good price on the white one. NADA is $21,865 low retail and $26,295 high retail. Thanks Shellback.

Yeah I know how salesmen are. Hate to deal with them. If I dont fish tomorrow, I will go by there and see if I can get a better deal on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast