Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ? for CP on rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default ? for CP on rods

I see that you have some Sam Heaton rods and I have a ?. I have a BnM
    BGJP 102 and some Wally Marshall Signature 10' rods and am looking to get a couple new 9' rods. I mainly do the jigpole, hovering, tightlining or whatever you want to call it moving around structure with a jigpole in each hand. To me the BnM 102 is just a little too light duty, I like the action on the Wally rods but wanting to try out a different brand in a 9' rod, so my ? is how does the action on the Heaton rod compare with those 2? We have a new BPS just open about 90 miles away but have been waiting until after Christmas to visit plus they are not completely stocked yet. Thanks
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there, I have four of Richards CrappieWizard rods plus many others and I like Richards better than any I've ever used. just my humble opinion...Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I have ugly sticks for my short rods4,5, and 6'. I also have some Wally Marshall sig rods 10' and 12'. But I have recently acquired some Wally pro series rods in 8' and I personally think they are the best feeling rod I have ever used. They cost a little more, but are IM8 rods with 11 fuji guides and the action is perfect. Strong in the butt to mid section but delicate at the tips. They can double over just like the ugly sticks but still feel solid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mike732
    Hi there, I have four of Richards CrappieWizard rods plus many others and I like Richards better than any I've ever used. just my humble opinion...Mike
    Does he have it in a 9" rod?
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Actually SteveJ ..

I have "a" Sam Heaton rod. It's the Sam Heaton Sig Series 7ft spinning ... the model prior to the current Sam Heaton Super Sensitive. I don't have "any" brand of rod over 8ft long. I'm mostly a jig slinger, not doing much vertical dipping or dragging of my baits. And, since I don't have any WM or RW brand rods of my own ... I may not be the best person to ask for a "comparison". I'm very pleased with all three of my BnM rods (SHSS 7ft'r & the two FnF Duckworth 8ft'rs) and highly recommend checking them out, for their respective purposes.
    Best thing to do, IMHO - is handle the available rods (at BPS) and decide for yourself. I have held/felt Richards rods & Wally's rods ... and my best recollection is that Wally's seemed a little heavier (tip heavy) than the comparable rods of other brands (may be due to more guides on the blank, and longer handles - but, I don't know that for sure - you'd have to check). Richard's rods & BnM rods felt lighter, but seemed to be just as sturdy as one would expect quality rods to be.

Good luck in your search. ........ cp

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I got to agree with CP on that. When you pick it up, you will know if its for you or not. Personally I really like Sam's SS poles.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ
    Does he have it in a 9" rod?
    I'm not sure if he has 9' or not mine are 10' Look at www.crappiewizard.com and see...Mike

Post Thanks / Like

SteveJ,
    I have a 7.5 ft, 10ft, 10.5 ft, and 12ft. You can see them at www.crappiestuff.com or send me an email and I will send you some pictures of them.
    Thanks for the interest.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the Sam Heaton and I liked it. I now have 2 Richard Williams and like those better. The "noodle rod" is also a good rod. The noodle rod has great sensitivity, but not a lot of backbone, similar to the Sam Heaton. The RW is a great combination of both.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mopar,

Where are you buying IM8 rods? Do you know a website where I can view them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast