Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: First day of vacation......NOT GOOD!

Post Thanks / Like

Default First day of vacation......NOT GOOD!

Yep, first day and we're off to the lake in the 17 degree weather:D Launched the boat, fired her up........and then she quit. Never started again.
    My Dad is just up the road so I call him and he brings the spare set of plugs down. While I am changing out the plugs, Dad is leaned over the dock with one foot on the boat. So guess what happens next? You got it, the boat slid out abit and Dad gets wet. Wasnt too bad, my uncle and I pulled him out and kept him from getting wet above the waist.....in 17 degree temps.

Pulled the boat out, took it up to the shop where Dad works, checked the fire, good there. Checked fuel lines and filter, good there. Suspect fuel pump so we took it over to our boat mechanic and he confirmed the pump was bad. Gonna be after x-mas before its fixed

Wasnt a total loss though, my other uncle calls us and picks us up in his boat at the boatdock and we ended up with a big Sauger and 15 nice crappies in about 3 hours.

Going at it again in the morning, hopefully it will be a better day!

Everyone calls us crazy for fishing in 17 degree temps, yeah yeah what do they know right?:o

Post Thanks / Like

It's not crazy, it's dedicated.
    <--Click for Website

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah my wife said I was crazy last night when I left out for the water and the temp was 19. Wouldnt matter to me if it had been 9

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what a memory. Always think positive!!! You'll laugh about it tomorrow.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]