Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sardis Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sardis Lake

Well, it must be hunting season in MS. Nobody seems to have any fishing info.
    I went to Sardis this morning and caught 25 crappie, fishing jigs in tops from 8' to 15' deep. About half were barely 10", and the best ones were 11"/12". The number of better fish should increase as the water cools. There were a few trollers in the Clear Creek area, don't know how they were doing.

Fishing tops in the fall as the lake comes down is a very productive way to catch fish. There is a lot of structure on the points and ditches that can be found fairly easy with a depth finder, and most of it will produce fish. As places are located, they can be marked on the GPS for future reference.

Post Thanks / Like

I am ready for the cool weather. I like fishing the Spillway during the winter months too.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Hotspots - NOW

It's been a while since my last post...I have been busy catching fish all Summer. My recent hotspots...

Last weekend - Coldwater River just below the Dam at Arkabutla Lake We put in at the ramp there and immediately got into some serious slabs. They were about a foot off the bank in the tops where the water was eddying. These were the largest slabs we have caught since the spring season. They were nailing red and chartreuse jigs

Two weekends ago - Horn Lake (Lakeview) the fish were in the trees on the West bank early. After about 9:00 AM we caught them trolling about 8-10 feet deep in 14 feet of water. Black and Chart and Red and Chart.

My weekend pick - Tunica Cutoff The MS River should be about perfect, the weather is cooler, and the fish should be HUNGRY!! Fish Red and Chart or Chart and Silver in the willows. Start shallow and slowly sink the jig until they hit. They are there, you just have to find the right depth. I'm going Friday so if you don't hear back from me, the fish are biting!

That's enough for now! Good luck!

Tracker99
    Tracker99

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update

caught about 50 today at Tunica Cutoff - Black and Chart w/pink head, in the willows, about 1 1/2 ft deep
    Tracker99