Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabela's new St. Louis store

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cabela's new St. Louis store

Press Release: Sidney, NE (Dec. 16, 2005)

HAZELWOOD'S ST. LOUIS MILLS TO BE SITE OF CABELA'S DESTINATION RETAIL STORE

SIDNEY, NE - Cabela's Incorporated (NYSE: CAB), the World's Foremost OutfitterŽ of hunting, fishing and outdoor gear, announced today it is one step closer to bringing a Cabela's retail store to generations of outdoor enthusiasts in Missouri who grew up reading and buying from Cabela's famous catalogs.

Cabela's expects to open the huge Hazelwood retail showroom as early as late fall of 2006. The Hazelwood retail store would be Cabela's first in Missouri.
    The new retail store would be part of the St. Louis Mills, a 1.1 million square-foot retail and entertainment center located in Hazelwood. St. Louis Mills is situated at the northwest quadrant of State Highway 370 and Missouri Bottom Road, one mile west of Interstate 270, three miles west of Lambert International Airport, and just 16 miles from Downtown St. Louis. It is easily accessed via I-270, I-170 and Highway 370.

"I am excited to announce this new store location to the many thousands of loyal Cabela's catalog and online customers in Missouri," said Cabela's CEO Dennis Highby. "Missouri has been a great market for Cabela's for many years, and the combination of our new Cabela's store with the surrounding dining, shopping and entertainment offerings at St. Louis Mills will create a premier shopping and tourist destination for our customers in St. Louis and the surrounding region."

"Cabela's will be a great addition to the St. Louis Mills and their decision to locate here is an indication of the vitality of Hazelwood as a tourist and shopping attraction," said Hazelwood Mayor T.R. Carr.

To operate this new store, Cabela's expects to employ as many as 300 people from the surrounding area. They will join the Cabela's family of employees who are famous for delivering excellent customer service, living the outdoor lifestyle and possessing an intimate knowledge of outdoor gear. Product offerings would include hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, boating and wildlife watching gear, as well as outdoor clothing and outdoors-styled gifts and furnishings.

"St. Louis Mills is a tremendous draw for local shoppers and visitors from beyond the region," said David Reed, general manager of St. Louis Mills. "The addition of Cabela's to our mix of retail, entertainment, dining and sports merchants will complement and enhance the consumer experience for the millions of shoppers who visit St. Louis Mills every year."

Cabela's currently has 14 retail locations nationwide. The newest, a 185,000-square-foot store in Rogers, Minn., opened Oct. 14, 2005. Cabela's also has announced plans to open stores in La Vista, Neb., Gonzales, La., Glendale, Ariz., and Richfield, Wis., in 2006; and Reno, Nev., Wheat Ridge, Colo., East Rutherford, N.J., East Hartford, Conn., and Hoffman Estates, Ill., in 2007.

Extraordinary in design and showcasing thousands of products from Cabela's world-famous catalog, the stores are known as shopping and tourism destinations, drawing customers not only from the local area, but also from hundreds of miles away. Many traveling sportsmen and women are also attracted by the familiar Cabela's script logo and the company's world-famous reputation for quality merchandise, value and extraordinary customer service.

Features of the Cabela's Hazelwood store would include:

A towering mountain replica, the centerpiece of the store's open showroom, with running waterfalls and streams, a trout pond and trophy animals in re-creations of their distinct habitats. Similar mountains, each called Conservation Mountain, have been built in other Cabela's stores as monuments to wildlife and salutes to the sportsmen and women who support wildlife conservation.
    A gigantic freshwater aquarium stocked with fish native to the area.
    Museum-quality representations of many wild-game species.
    A deli-style restaurant will feature delicious wild-game sandwiches, as well as tamer fare.
    World-class Gun Library, providing gun collectors and aficionados the opportunity to browse through a collection of examples of the gun-making art.
    Indoor archery range where archers can test and fine-tune their equipment.
    Bargain Cave, featuring discount prices on returned and discontinued merchandise.
    A sun-drenched atrium interior featuring authentic fieldstone accents and wood furnishings.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Been to the one in K.C.-sensory overload!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ssssswwwweeeeeeeeeetttttt!!!!! I cant wait for the store to open.

Kansas City is also getting a Bass Pro, over in the Independence area. At the 70 and 291 interchange.

What a day that will be Cabelas, Bass Pro, and Rogers in KC and Cabelas, Bass Pro, and Dunn's in St. Louis. My poor checking account!!
    Last edited by TAE73; 12-21-2005 at 05:10 AM.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Great deal for us central Illinois boys---I hope my wife doesn't check the
    credit card bills !!!
    How's it going : One foot in the grave, one foot on a banana peel, twenty people pushing !!!

Post Thanks / Like

This news really stinks. Now I'm gonna have to get that second job!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by izzysfishin
    This news really stinks. Now I'm gonna have to get that second job!!
    Good One
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, real nice, this is just what I need here. Gateway Outfitters, BPS and Cabelas all within 10 minutes of me. I guess I should just write half of my paycheck off between the three. So much for the housework I wanted to do this year!

:D

Post Thanks / Like

Dang I'm an hour away, and thats toooo close. I'd be there every night if I was that close Rattler. Oh you forgot Dunn's also. hehe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rattler
    Gateway Outfitters
    Never heard of this store, what do they sell???? Might have to make a road trip one day.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gateway Outfitters

I did a search and all I could find was an address

GATEWAY OUTFITTERS
    3808 WEST CLAY
    ST CHARLES, MO 63301
    ph 636-916-0242
    Duane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast