Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cleaning minnow buckets

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Cleaning minnow buckets

Is there an easy way to clean to slime out of a minnow bucket? You know, the type that gets there when your minnows die in it and you forget they are in there.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Is there an easy way to clean to slime out of a minnow bucket? You know, the type that gets there when your minnows die in it and you forget they are in there.
    I myself put alot of salt in the bucket then fill it with hot water.Then I let it set for awhile,whipe it down with a rag then flush it with clean water.
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default Try ice with the salt

You might try adding ice to the salt and swishing it around. The ice acts like scrubbers which will help clean the slime off the walls. Works good on coffee pots too!

Jeannie

CrappieStuff.com
    Last edited by Jeannie; 04-23-2004 at 08:48 PM. Reason: wording is wrong

mikey Guest

If it ends up anything like some aquariums do after things have died and the tank has been left a while (and I suspect it's similar), try plain distilled white vinegar along with the salt. Cuts slimy film. A final scrub with salt and baking soda should leave it good as new and get rid of any residual odor.