Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: St. Claire rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default St. Claire rods

I was looking at grizzly jig company website and saw they carry these rods and I like the looks of them. I have always fished with b n m rods from the 8' ultimate to the 7' and 10' supersenstive rods. I love rods with tennessee cork handle on them and slide rings but b n m doesnt offer any models like this. Does anyone fish these and how do they compare to the b n m rods I am using now.

Post Thanks / Like

Nobody uses these rods? I was looking at maybe the 8' or 10' rods with the tennessee handle.

Post Thanks / Like

Default So So

Quote Originally Posted by mkeller View Post
    I was looking at grizzly jig company website and saw they carry these rods and I like the looks of them. I have always fished with b n m rods from the 8' ultimate to the 7' and 10' supersenstive rods. I love rods with tennessee cork handle on them and slide rings but b n m doesnt offer any models like this. Does anyone fish these and how do they compare to the b n m rods I am using now.
    I have 3 of them, 2-9', 1-12'. Only problem is them slide rings. First my reels came off so I tried tapeing them, then the reel slid or turned on the rod. I went to BnM and like them better. Pay a little more and problems are solved. Solid reel seats are generally the best as far as I'm concerned. Easier to get tips for too. Ferdi aka Fred

Post Thanks / Like

These are my #1 rods I have 5 in the 11' model great backbone. i have owned over 10 different long poles these ars my favorite.
    ITS LIKE BASEBALL PITCHIN,HITTIN,CATCHIN

Post Thanks / Like

I use tape and heat shrink on those kinds of rods. The only tape that I found that will hold the reel is Scotch 33. I have some that have been taped for 10 years. Any other tape I tried did like the previous poster said

Post Thanks / Like

tennis racket tape works great
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff