Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Berkley drop Al Linder ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Did Berkley drop Al Linder ?

For as long as I can remember Al Linder has been a "spokesman" for Berkley products, namley their Tirlene line and Gulp! baits. I noticed on his Angling Edge show he is now useing and is sponsered by Suffix brand line and Terminator X (?) soft plastics. What happened ? Who quit who ? -Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Good for him. Sufix is way better line anyways.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I cant' imagine they would drop him since his company has grown to be so large unless he was sleeping around with those fish.:D

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed the very same thing! Not sure just what's going on? But the Lindner's certainly do "move around" a lot. I just wish they'd settle down in one realm for awhile.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

They follow the money--
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

They are still the best teachers on the tube! It's not "Look a here...look a here..." but they show and tell how. Their underwater footage is remarkable. You cannot blame them for following the money as theirs is a quality show and always ends with something good for your soul. I am not so sure Berkley liked them quoting the bible at the end of their shows. Al and Ron must have let them know. Anyway I appreciate them mentoring me and encouraging me.

Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe they sold all their rights in the In-Fishermen TV and magazine several years ago. They then took some time off (non-compete agreement??), then started a new TV series, DVD's, etc. I watch both shows.

I believe Ron came to Christ a few years back, followed by Al, thus the show ending. They're doing it on their terms now.

Post Thanks / Like

Suffix is owned by Berkley. Probably a marketing ploy to promote the suffix line.Pros and celebs will go where the money is.Very little loyalty anymore.I put very little attention to what pro x yz has to say, because thats what they get paid for. Do you think theyd tell you is it wasnt any good?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fished-out View Post
    I believe Ron came to Christ a few years back, followed by Al, thus the show ending. They're doing it on their terms now.
    I forget what Al was selling at the time, I believe it was cars. Ron was into tourneyment fishing and was pretty much a drunk. They got him into AA and Ron and him started Lindy company and worked together helping Ron get back on his feet. They sold Lindy and then got into the In-Fisherman net work. They had a radio show and started the tv show and it is history after that. Ron has invented most of the stuff that Lindy has put out. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prchjerker View Post
    Suffix is owned by Berkley. Probably a marketing ploy to promote the suffix line.Pros and celebs will go where the money is.Very little loyalty anymore.I put very little attention to what pro x yz has to say, because thats what they get paid for. Do you think theyd tell you is it wasnt any good?
    Sufix is owned by Rapala unfortunately. It has been tougher to get the Sufix lines I like since Rapala has owned them. Personally I think Siege and Elite lines are no better than Trilene. I'm a little pissed at Rapala right now. They make a great new lure like the Maxrap and then they price it in the stratosphere for some mysterious unjustified reason. I'd buy 3 or 4 of them if they were even $10, but I'll never pay $20 for one. So ridiculous.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 02-23-2010 at 03:17 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast