Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where to fish around Brookwood

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to fish around Brookwood

Just moved to Brookwood Alabama from Georgia and looking for some good Crappie fishing. I love to fish in the winter months. I don't know anything about Alabama or where the lakes are located. Can anyone help?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by love2fish
    Just moved to Brookwood Alabama from Georgia and looking for some good Crappie fishing. I love to fish in the winter months. I don't know anything about Alabama or where the lakes are located. Can anyone help?
    Where is Brookwood located. I do alot of fishing in Northeast Alabama during the winter and I always target bridges and causeways, or somewhere where warm water might flow out into the cooler water, such as a power plant or something.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brookwood is close to Holt lock on Warrior river

I just found out that the warrior river, Holt lock, is real close. Does anyone fish it? Rocky Branch is where I will be putting in. It is a little north of Tuscaloosa.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rocky branch

I was born and raised in Tuscaloosa. 33yrs. Try Rocky branch. You can put in at the boat landing go down stream 50 yrds to the slough on the left. The tree tops usually hold large crappie.
    My best advise is lake payne in hale county. I fish there just about every weekend. There are more crappie there than you could ever fish. Try trolling the middle at slow speeds. Some times I have to abandon my other rods because of the action. There is also camping available for tents or RV's.
    Brian.
    [email protected]
    :D
    Last edited by Southeasttackle; 12-18-2005 at 12:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Saturday was my first trip to Rocky Branch and one to remember. Fished about 3 hours and had 18 keepers, ranging from 10" to 14". Caught all on 1/16 oz. red/chartruse doubled with blue/white bass asassin about a foot up. Fish were very active. I hope to get spoiled with Alabama crappie.