Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: jigs??

Post Thanks / Like

Question jigs??

I have tried and experimented with alot of different types of jigs. I cant help to try out a new jig or one that I havent seen before. I normally fish a 1/16th but have started experimented with other sizes in some sitiuations. I think by doing this it will make me a better fisherman. Anyway I was started out on crappie fishing cork and minnow by my dad. Which I dont use that much anymore but times has produce where nothing else would or start catching fish and not wont to change until they stop biting. I gradually started fishing with new friends and they got me turned on hair jigs that are tyed locally which are wonderful during the spawn and some during pre-spawn. Then over time started fishing with a older man and he got me started on tube jigs which have so many possiabilties. The only thing neg. about all this info. learned over time is finding a tackle box big enough to carry it all and a day long enough to try them all when the fish have lockjaw. I am still learning and I hope that continues till the day I die. Anyway the reason I started this thread was seeing if anyone knew the man that ties jigs for most the local bait shops around Grenada. He has jigs that I like to use in the winter and really year around. Everytime I am down that way the bait shop in Bruce is sold out. The times that have gotten them there there would be only a couple on the shelf. I can tie them myself but I cant get the color right on the heads. He has them in a orange blaze or red head with whats called flashabou skirt. He has others but those are the ones I am interested in.

Thanks
    Spawner

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jigs

Hey Buddy, You Might Try B's Grocery Store In Goresprings Hwy 8
    The # Is 662-628-5094, I Think They May Have Some.
    Good Luck.........spider Rig Man