Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any crappie biting at LOZ

Post Thanks / Like

Question Any crappie biting at LOZ

Just wondering if anyones catching any around Purvis beach area or in the Niangua arms? Getting the "itch" to brave a cold day for a few hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Default l.o.z

sent you a p.m.

Post Thanks / Like

got it, thanks

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

yes but better around the Gravois area recently in about 20 feet of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished LOZ Coffmans Beach area Sat. and caught 10, 5 keepers. Seems like I get disappointed every time I go there, especially this time. I thought I had read and researched enough to do some good. Not having any visual structure but docks throws me. I didnt notice till I got home but the docks that did produce was close the Osage river channel. Will go back asap and maybe try something different. Might just have been that cold snap on Sunday but I think I should be able to do better...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by osagemo
    Fished LOZ Coffmans Beach area Sat. and caught 10, 5 keepers. Seems like I get disappointed every time I go there, especially this time. I thought I had read and researched enough to do some good. Not having any visual structure but docks throws me. I didnt notice till I got home but the docks that did produce was close the Osage river channel. Will go back asap and maybe try something different. Might just have been that cold snap on Sunday but I think I should be able to do better...

Right now fishing the docks is key, let the jig sink 4 or 5 feet down and then reel back to your self keeping it close to the dock, depth of the water you are in doesnt mean anything. The fish are holding just under the docks, try black and chart. Fish are coming out of the coffman area anywhere from 12" to 17" long, good luck.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Are you fishing in the main channel around docks, or the docks back in the coves? Thinking about getting out there on Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you talking about coffman beach in the north shore area or coffman bend in the upper osage?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help TAE73. I will certainly try your advice hopefully in the near future. We caught about half of ours on red and chartruse and the other half on minnows. Thanks again..

Post Thanks / Like

I wont say that pattern will last forever, I know a different pattern that was going strong for a month did a 180 a week ago. It always changing just keep your options open.

Yes Coffman Beach out of Eldon.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion