Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Daytona and Nascar

Post Thanks / Like

Default Daytona and Nascar

Since Dale Sr got killed I seldom watch Nascar. But last year I decided to watch some races. Follow the leader for 490 miles then watch the wrecks. The car in front cannot be passed unless 3 or 3 cars hook up. I said I have seen enough..no more watching Nascar.They said everything will be better this year. After watching the Nationwide and the Trucks yesterday and the 2 qualifiers thursday I see no difference. I will watch todays 500 and if it is like those other 2 races yesterday I am done. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

What time is race today?
    It's not the numbers or the size, it's the time spent on the water!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I quit Nascar when they did away with the big blocks. Back then, never knew what or who was gonna win. Now, the race is dominated mostly by Chevy...

Kinda like Indy was with the Offys.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I think Hendrick is reason chevy is engine to beat. Race about to start, I think I'll try to watch this one.
    It's not the numbers or the size, it's the time spent on the water!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Oldwun....ever since Earnhardt left us, NASCAR has went downhill fast. I used to go to them all the time, but havent been to one in years. Just too boring.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I lost my enthusiasm when Davey Allison got killed. I will always wonder how good he would have been? Pretty boring race again today.

Post Thanks / Like

When they added restrictor plates is when I lost interest. You really got to see who could build some fast stout engines and who could drive those beasts of speed. Elliot was the man and the restrictor plates all but silenced him.

Post Thanks / Like

I lost interest back when they started looking like nothing I see on the streets. Miss the old days of real stock cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to watch most of it. Still the same follow the leader until the end. I believe it came about 1:15 and lasted until nearly 7pm. Our friends have a son and his wife who go every year to the tune of between $3 and $4k. I now know I am free from Nascar!

Post Thanks / Like

The race next week at California should be better and no restrictor plates. I will record it on my DVR and watch it without all the commercials.