Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google causing global warming...oh yea.........

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Google causing global warming...oh yea.........

An article in the The Times of London titled “Revealed: the environmental impact of Google searches” takes this non-sense to a whole new level. In it, physicist Alex Wissner-Gross (a star MIT graduate who is now at Harvard) claims that a single Google search generates 7-10 grams of CO2 while a boiling tea kettle only on uses around 15g. He claims “a Google search has a definite environmental impact.”

And this nut is teaching our kids. Geeeeez.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    An article in the The Times of London titled “Revealed: the environmental impact of Google searches” takes this non-sense to a whole new level. In it, physicist Alex Wissner-Gross (a star MIT graduate who is now at Harvard) claims that a single Google search generates 7-10 grams of CO2 while a boiling tea kettle only on uses around 15g. He claims “a Google search has a definite environmental impact.”

And this nut is teaching our kids. Geeeeez.
    OMG- LOL I might make this one a sticky. Too funny.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Check out this from another site.

Default How can anybody be this stupid?
    This is for real, from todays Inquirer Letters section. http://www.philly.com/inquirer/opini...html?viewAll=y

Look to Mars for more clear signs

I was very impressed with Wednesday's global-warming commentary ("Much back-and-forth, but the sea still rises") by Orrin Pilkey and Rob Young.

Another strong indicator that they do not mention is that we can see that the icecaps of Mars are melting along with our own. This is a strong indicator that global warming is to be taken seriously.

Pilkey and Young are correct, that not enough planning is taking place to adjust to the unavoidable. Far too much development is taking place right on the edge of the sea, where destructive storms will happen. Where possible, there should be a parkland buffer along the shore.

Anybody have a "sign" to give this fellow?

Post Thanks / Like

I have read about Mars somewhat. If I remember, the polar caps have been observed over several centuries as shrinking and growing in size. The ice caps are mix of ice and sand, making the caps lots easier to melt by the sun flares.

I don't know and I am skeptical of anything that involves politicians.

I know that people are positioning themselves to capitalize on carbon credits. Sounds like more greed than environment concern.

Post Thanks / Like

Makes me wonder in a strictly logical way of thinking if an entity causes a problem. The entity is removed or erased or eradicated and problem is solved.

So are the left leaners that adhere to this nonsense are they in a round about way advocating removing , or erasing or eradicating the human race. That is everyone except them of course. Well they would need a few of us common folk to wait on them hand and foot of course.

The attitude of the elitists that the rest of us are just " bone head stupid " and will suck up any garbage they feed us. Is getting a little tiresome. What they need is to gain a PHD in common sense.
    Garminarmin gpsmap 1040 xs networked with Garmin gpsmap 1242 xsv , Panoptix PS 30 and PS 31. Livescope LVS 32

Ice rig Echomap Ultra 106SV with LVS 12 and GT10-IF

Post Thanks / Like

lord amighty... we must be causing the ozone layer to shrivle up ad wither away with all the hot air flying around here then.

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Cane Pole; 06-06-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

hot stew ??????????????
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

The photo reminds me of the old chant: Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast