Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Arrrggghhh!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arrrggghhh!!!

Twenty inches of the white stuff last Friday and Saturday, and another possible twenty on it's way. Eight inches this morning, and it's supposed to get heavier and snow all day! Would someone from Tenn please send Al Gore up, and tell him to bring a shovel?

Hardyville Hart Co, Ky,45min fromNolin, 50 min. Green 55 min. Barren 75 min Dale!
    Post Thanks / Like

It is Bush's fault!!! Not it's global warming????????
    Rowdy
    Remember This Beautiful World is
    ''Only Temperary Housing''!

Rowdy

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    Twenty inches of the white stuff last Friday and Saturday, and another possible twenty on it's way. Eight inches this morning, and it's supposed to get heavier and snow all day! Would someone from Tenn please send Al Gore up, and tell him to bring a shovel?
    R & R, don't know how much we have now...Probably 12"-18"...The snow is not the worry today...Forecasted winds with gusts to 55-65mph..Our house is surrounded by trees...Some white pines and a few oaks..We had parts of trees down last month due to high winds...

High wind warning until tomorrow morning...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Don, We are supposed to get the high winds also. No trees close to the house, but we have some tall ones! Losing power is a concern, but I have a generator, and switch over panel in the basement.
    I think I called this weather on myself. After I returned from GA. I bought my boat fishing license for Maryland, and a 1/2 pound of minnows to start perch fishing. I had one good day, and the weather has been the pits since! Come on April!!! Hope you fair well thru the storm. R&R

Post Thanks / Like

Shell, you need to learn to relax and look for the positives of the situation. It can be a time to be able to spend more time with your family as a unit and enjoy what you have. When we lost power and was without for several days, we had a lot of fun and just went camping in our living room. We built a fire in the fire place and did some of the cooking in it. Roasted hot dogs and marshmellows and just took advantage of the situation. We had our camp stove to cook some things, and camp lanterns for light, but just took the time to re-connect with family. No electricity ment no TV, Computers and X-Box. We played board games and read up on some things that we always told ourselves that we wanted to read. We even had some of the neighbors come and stay because they wasn't prepared for the ice storm that hit us. You can use the time to go over your fishing equipment and make some repairs or just rearrange it for when you can get out fishing again. The time that you spend with your family will be remembered for a long time to come. There is always some positive in every situation if you are open minded enough to look for it. Have a great day and be safe. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

DonG, take care my friend and keep your head down. Those trees don't distinguish between Liberals and Conservatives. hehe I have some limbs down in our back yard that will wait until spring before I will get to them. We had high winds last week that got around 50-60 mph. We still have around 20 inches on the ground yet and more predicted for this week-end.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, Al Gore is MIA or AWOL or something. Even if we knew where he was, he wouldn't take questions anyway! :p
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!