Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rep. John Murtha

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rep. John Murtha

HARRISBURG, Pa. – Rep. John Murtha, the tall, gruff-mannered former Marine who became the de facto voice of veterans on Capitol Hill and later an outspoken and influential critic of the Iraq War, died Monday. He was 77. The Pennsylvania Democrat had been suffering from complications from gallbladder surgery.

My grandmother always said that it wasn't proper to speak ill of the dead. No comment.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Another wall trophy for Beelzebub. May he hang eternally at the gate next to the Teddy.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I can't comment with out sounding bad, so, no comment.

Post Thanks / Like

It sickens me to think that he will be buried with military honors. He was a disgrace to the flag that will drape his coffin.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually don't get into Politics or any of the other crap that goes on in the Off Topic Forum but I'm gonna say this.

I don't care what the hell he did in Congress that irritated or upset you BUT every man or woman who serves their country Honorably in the military has EARNED THE RIGHT TO BE BURIED WITH MILITARY HONORS AND TO HAVE
    THAT FLAG ON THERE COFFIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

fatman, he also earned two purple hearts and had the guts to change his mind and speak out against the lunacy of the iraq war. he made mistakes, as we all have, but he served with honor and was wounded. i am with you on this one.

not sure why he would be a disgrace to the flag. at least when he was embroiled in controversy, he did not quit.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Benedict Arnold was also an American hero at one time in his life. Power and greed changes folks for the worse in most cases.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Benedict Arnold was also an American hero at one time in his life. Power and greed changes folks for the worse in most cases.
    are you talking about just democrats or all the scoundrels and scallawags who have infiltrated government since the late 60s? seems to me that no one party has the crown of greed as their own.

murtha was known for chasing pork for his district, but i can think of so many others who can be accused of the same. plain and simple, it is wrong. what is not wrong is that he served his country and was wounded twice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speck-tackler View Post
    HARRISBURG, Pa. – Rep. John Murtha, the tall, gruff-mannered former Marine who became the de facto voice of veterans on Capitol Hill and later an outspoken and influential critic of the Iraq War, died Monday. He was 77. The Pennsylvania Democrat had been suffering from complications from gallbladder surgery.

My grandmother always said that it wasn't proper to speak ill of the dead. No comment.

so why post this then? if he has done grevious wrong, the Lord will judge him, not you or i. the man is dead. there are many others to lambaste who are still alive. pelosi, cheney, peyton manning........

Post Thanks / Like

I have no issue with the man's stance on the Iraq War. As an American, he had a right to his opinion, and as a member of Congress, he had a responsibility to vote (on the War and every other issue) in a manner which represented the needs and desires of those who elected him, and he may well have done that. This is also not a Democrat / Republican issue.

As a combat veteran, myself, what I take issue with is the fact that he OPENLY criticized the men and women serving in Iraq, and cast votes in the House which jeopardized their safety. In my book, that cost him any honor and respect he had formerly earned.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast