Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: No new taxes on the middle class?

Post Thanks / Like

Default No new taxes on the middle class?

Reuters reported earlier today about new middle class taxes that are coming. Now they've pulled the story:

http://search.yahoo.com/404handler?s..._backdoortaxes

... and say an updated story is in the works:

Advisory: Backdoor taxes to hit middle class - Yahoo! News

I guess we'll get the new version after the White House tells Reuters what to write. :rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

only the kool aid suckers and donut chompers didn't see this one coming down the pike....
    incognito....... here fishy fishy fishy

Post Thanks / Like

back door taxes, YES our REPUBLICAN governor is going to tax every road and bridge and tunnel in town, could cost me $14 a day to go to and from work. It has never cost me a dime in tolls before. He ran on NO NEW TAXES ha ha joke is on us as always. Does not matter they all get us. I got to work till I die so I will pay them.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flatwater View Post
    back door taxes, YES our REPUBLICAN governor is going to tax every road and bridge and tunnel in town, could cost me $14 a day to go to and from work. It has never cost me a dime in tolls before. He ran on NO NEW TAXES ha ha joke is on us as always. Does not matter they all get us. I got to work till I die so I will pay them.
    Very interesting....Where did you get the info?
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Stealth tax- Is the new buzz on the hill these days. How to implement it, and conceal it. Popper is right, surely the country didn't believe all this fun was free.

And boys, lets not turn this one into a pissn' match. Ok?
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation..

5. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

These 5 basic facts are often ignored. Stealth tax may be the new buzz word but they (bureaucrats ) have been administering the " death of a thousand cuts " to all of us.

While the vast majority look upon SS , Income Tax , Medicare , property tax and state sales tax as the only drains on our wallets.

Anthything that requires a LICENSE - license is just another word for tax your car, your dog etc etc.

All utility bills- have some federal and state charges blended in

Certain products like fishing tackle and firearms have a surcharge built right into the price this certain one is the Pittman-Robertson Act.

Gasoline , Cigarettes and Whiskey federal government makes a ton these.

What people think is their take home pay ( net ) is not even close when adding all these " hidden " taxes.
    Garminarmin gpsmap 1040 xs networked with Garmin gpsmap 1242 xsv , Panoptix PS 30 and PS 31. Livescope LVS 32

Ice rig Echomap Ultra 106SV with LVS 12 and GT10-IF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hays47 View Post
    1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation..

These 5 basic facts are often ignored. Stealth tax may be the new buzz word but they (bureaucrats ) have been administering the " death of a thousand cuts " to all of us.

While the vast majority look upon SS , Income Tax , Medicare , property tax and state sales tax as the only drains on our wallets.

Anthything that requires a LICENSE - license is just another word for tax your car, your dog etc etc.

Certain products like fishing tackle and firearms have a surcharge built right into the price this certain one is the Pittman-Robertson Act.

What people think is their take home pay ( net ) is not even close when adding all these " hidden " taxes.
    #3 is my favorite quote. My wife is tired of hearing me say it but it's so true.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hays47 View Post

Like Henry David Thoreau once said, "....and all of this is perfectly distinct to the observant eye and yet is passed, unnoticed by most".
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dong, this is quote stright out of va pilot our newspaper.
    I have also heard right from our Govenor on TV

Virginia pilot:

"Each proposal assumes that the new road would require a toll of 7 to 24
    cents per mile.

At those rates, motorists could pay between $3.85 to just more than $13
    for a one-way trip along the 55-mile-long road.

The tolls could change depending on how much public money is made
    available to finance the project.

How the traveling public would react to such rates is unclear, but the
    issue underscores the challenges facing the General Assembly when it
    reconvenes in Richmond next week for a special session on
    transportation.

The Republican-dominated House has rejected calls for higher gasoline or
    sales taxes, arguing instead that existing money and a heavy reliance on
    tolls are better financing options.

Tolls are not popular, however, and the issue could prove a tough sell
    with many commuters who applauded lawmakers when they removed tolls from
    Interstate 264 in Virginia Beach in 1995.

Eager to develop a regional plan that could help build projects like 460
    and others, two Republican House members have submitted bills calling
    for the creation of a Hampton Roads Transportation Authority. It would
    have the power to impose tolls on new and existing bridges, tunnels and
    highways."

Creating a SPSA all over again. SPSA is our monopoly trash service that pays over a $100 per ton for disposal when the private sector is charging only $25 per ton for tipping fees.
    2-5 dollar toll on downtown tunnel, toll on midtown tunnel
    5-7 dollar toll of new dominion (steel)bridge

Remember this is about hidden tax on the middle class. They are going to toll us to death.

Post Thanks / Like

Read my Lips. NO NEW TAXES!