On Jan 13th I made reservations to fly from Tallahassee to Indianapolis and return. Was to fly on 2/1 and return on 2/7. Made a mistake and the departing flight should have been 2/2. I called and they changed the flight to 2/2 and told me that I would have to pay $150.00 penalty. That is more that a one way ticket. I have done this before with Southwest and was charged no more that $50.00 or zero, as long as it was at least 7 days prior to flight.

I complained to customer service and I received a form letter that they had had many request for a reduction in this charge, but in fairness to their other customers, a rule is a rule. They print on the ticket "NON-REFUNDABLE PENALTY FOR CHANGES". Unfortunately, the charge is wtwp and is not shown anywhere on the ticket or the website. What the traffic will bear seems to be their motto of doing business.

In other words, when dealing with Delta or NWA, buyer beware. They will never receive any business from me or anyone in my company.

I know that they have a great legal team and every i is doted and every t is crossed. But the customers who fly with them, are not aware of these problems which can cost you plenty.

Think twice about using these two. Other airlines do the same, but I personally can vouch for Southwest airlines and their change policy. Wish they flew to every major city.

Sorry to rant and raved, but I work hard for my money and I don't for it to be stolen like this.

Chuck