Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thanksgiving

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanksgiving

Did anyone make it out today? Sure was a beautiful day for fishing. Personally I did not but will be some where tomorrow. We all should give thanks for our blessings and for the best fish in the world to catch and eat. Hope all had a great day and please post some reports. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I am hoping to go today, Friday, but don't know for sure. Looks like it is going to stay in the 50's with the wind about 7 mph. The trouble with Okatibbee is there is no place to hide from the wind. With my method of fishing, jigpoling or tightlining, I like the wind to be 5 or less, especially with the temps that low. They are saying up in the 70's tomorrow but you know the weather guessers. Oops looks like I will not be going today, just got informed we have to go to the fishcamp with family and visiting in-laws. You guys catch-em. Steve
    Last edited by SteveJ; 11-25-2005 at 08:11 AM.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the wind either.I figured it would be bad on okatibee so I went to the tenn-tom. Stayed out of the wind. Stayed out of the fish too. Caught 1 throw back and had 2 more hits. That cold front must have given them the lockjaw. Found several schools in deep water but they wouldn't bite.

Crappie'n Guest

Made it out to Sardis today (Friday). The wind was tough in the morning - pretty rough. My guess is that the cold front made it pretty tough. The wind eased up a bit towards evening but couldn't find the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a report from a friend who fished about 4 hours Thursday morn and he said he caught 7 keepers , all blacks, from deep water. The whites were all too small to keep. I have not been since my last report. Looks like the wind will be strong again today, thinking about taking a rod and a handfull of jigs and walking below the dam at Okatibbee for something to do. Don't know much about fishing for crappie like that. Changed my lower unit grease yesterday and about to go stir crazy. But the nice thing about being retired is you can wait for a nice day.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff