Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ut vols

Post Thanks / Like

Default ut vols

Well it looks like we got hung out to dry. Kiffen is heading back to usc to replace Carrol.

Post Thanks / Like

it was strictly a business move, can't blame him not one solitary bit...........he didnt have a crystal ball when he took the Vols job...........people are going to bash the heck out of for this but he acted ina swift and fair manner..........it was his dream job.........if he would have waited to take it he would have possibly screwed some new recruits because today was the first day of class at UT and as long as they dont attend class the first day they can get out of the program and go somewhere else
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishinRod View Post
    it was strictly a business move, can't blame him not one solitary bit...........he didnt have a crystal ball when he took the Vols job...........people are going to bash the heck out of for this but he acted ina swift and fair manner..........it was his dream job.........if he would have waited to take it he would have possibly screwed some new recruits because today was the first day of class at UT and as long as they dont attend class the first day they can get out of the program and go somewhere else

i do not want to sound mad or mean but I guess you are tacking this a little better than i am. He just set the UT program back another 3 years. UT treated him like a king. They gave him everything he asked for in the way of coachs, Support, etc. We were set to be # 5 or better in recruiting this year. We just lost most if not all of them and will come in in the middle of the pack at best. His timing was not good. Most coachs come out after their last season game if not sooner. He waited two weeks after the bowl game which means some possible UT coach options have already committed to other schools. He pretty much screwed us if you ask me. I agree with and understand your comment on making things better for yourself though.
    Brush Buster

Post Thanks / Like

if its bad timing on anybody part it would have to be Pete Carrol, but i really dont think he really cared about UT, even though im sure he had an inclination that they would go after Kiffen...........and i dont know about you, but even though i thought Kiffen was a good coach, he just didnt "feel" right, if that makes any sense.............I would rather have someone with some SEC ties..........like the guy who was the coach in waiting at Texas (Greg Davis), until Mac Brown got an extension

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Brushbuster. Al Davis and the Raiders knew what they were talking about when the warned UT that Kiffen would lie and that they would be sorry they ever hired him. That has happened. I wonder how long UT will keep Hamilton as AD. A lot of big money boosters did not want Kiffen and now rumours persist that he may be in trouble. If Pat Summit was AD things might be different. One thing for sure is the players would be in class sitting in the front 3 rows . No caps allowed.
    While I am not a UT FB fan I feel for the players and the fans. UT has had a rough 12 months. I hope it all goes away soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Al Davis said? LOL that is funny...........exactly how did Kiffen lie? Like i said, he didnt have a crystal ball when he got there and if Carrol was still at USC, Kiffen would still be at UT.........it was his dream job, when the brass rings of opportunity are there, you better grab them quick...........maybe the new coach can make sure you dont read the roster in the Knoxville news Sentinel's blotter report

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

He is on the beach and the Vols are up the creek. I am not a Vol fan, but this man only won 6 games and got his butt kicked in the bowl game. Who's gonna miss him? Anyone here? Our high school coach here has a better record. Bring back Fulmer. At least he has integrity.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

With the drugs, guns, knives, suspensions, and general state of disarray that football team is in, and I'm a Vols fan, I think Kiffen got out of town just ahead of the sherrif.

At some point in time our young people need a high profile example showing them that it is not always just about "ME". Kiffen had a contract. A commitment. Gave his word. Just because somebody else dangled a 'dream job' in front of him is no reason to not honor your contract, abdicate your word as a man, and throw your integrity in the gutter. Sometimes things just have to be about more than individual self gratifiction, pleasing just 'me', and the hell with everybody else who turned down other opportunities, and possibly burned bridges, and actually believed in a man to be a man of his word. How many other people's lives did he just turn completely upside down just because he is a selfish SOB? It's called integrity and it is nothing more than a word till you are called on to exemplify it by unselfish actions.

No-------- I give Kiffen no quarter as a coach, man, teacher, or example to young people about what honor means. To him, it's all about him. Got no use for the individual - almost said man. My son would clean outhouses with no gloves before I'd let him within a mile of Kiffen.

Post Thanks / Like

jimmydee, the sherrif is headed for USC to, or so some are saying, however the sherrif should have been at USC a long time ago, maybe that is why Kiffin went too cause he stayed in trouble at TN, however everyone knows how much went on at USC and Pete was never in trouble. The bad part is that it was told that the TN coaches were telling new committments not to go to class and to change their committment because once they went to the first class they were locked in and could not transfer. To tell a kid to miss class which is suppose to be the important thing is down right wrong. Take your a-- to USC and do not be urging kids to stay out of school. Kiffin is a joke and it is good for the SEC that he is gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    jimmydee, the sherrif is headed for USC to, or so some are saying, however the sherrif should have been at USC a long time ago, maybe that is why Kiffin went too cause he stayed in trouble at TN, however everyone knows how much went on at USC and Pete was never in trouble. The bad part is that it was told that the TN coaches were telling new committments not to go to class and to change their committment because once they went to the first class they were locked in and could not transfer. To tell a kid to miss class which is suppose to be the important thing is down right wrong. Take your a-- to USC and do not be urging kids to stay out of school. Kiffin is a joke and it is good for the SEC that he is gone.
    You got that right!
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast