Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Another, another new guy!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another, another new guy!

Hey guys,

Nice site. Just moved to Mukilteo from Tri-Cities. Now I need to learn how to fish this area.

Have a 19' Alumaweld Super-Vee w/ 115 Merc jet, 9.9 Merc kicker w/ autopilot, bowmount w/ autopilot & remote, live well, downriggers, inside lights, & much more.

Don't know if my boat is enough for the Sound, but it should be OK for freshwater. Crappie are my favorite fish to catch, with perch a close second. If anyone needs a seat and can help me get started in this area, I would appreciate it.

HookSetter (aka Randy)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board HookSetter.

Sounds like you have all you need to fish the lakes on this side of the mountains. Lake Washington and Sammamish would be the first lakes I'd learn. Bass, perch, crappie, trout, and cutts are caught year-around on both of them. You can get great maps for both lakes that will show you the larger structures to get you started.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks SlabKing. See you on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

if my 14' with a 15 is big enough for the sound, im sure your 19' with a 115 is. Then again, your set to fish freshwater...in luxury

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard! i agree with slab that washington and sammammish are the best places to focus on, lots of fish and not too many people excep[t if a sockeye season opens, then its insanity

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx guys, appreciate the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! Hey there will be a couple of us heading out to get some crappie on wed. night, after a bite to eat at Ivars, we will be out on the water to get a few slabs! Sounds like you are rigged up to go after some trout too, maybe you should try to get some trout out of washington there are some goos ones and your boat is plenty rigged.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D