Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Okatibbee 11/19

Post Thanks / Like

Default Okatibbee 11/19

Today was opening of deer season, good luck to all the deer hunters. Went out to the lake about 8:30 and fished until about 11:30 and caught 10, no slabs but had 6 nice ones. 6 blacks and 4 whites. It sleeted on me twice while fishing and once while I was cleaning the fish. Sun never did come out. Tried up in 8 to 10 foot of water when I first got there but did not get a touch, went down into 14 to 17 foot of water and that is where I caught the fish. The bite was as light as I have ever seen it except for a couple of the black crappie, I believe they be the more aggressive. Seemed to me they wanted something with green in it or at least all of mine came on jigs with green.
    Last edited by SteveJ; 11-19-2005 at 02:56 PM.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Steve, how many throw backs did you catch?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Renosky
    Steve, how many throw backs did you catch?
    Only had about 5 tho some of the keepers were just at 10". Had been catching some better fish earlier before it got cold in less depth where I started this morning. By the way I had sent you an e-mail to the address on this site but it came back undelivered. How often do you fish Okatibbee?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ
    Only had about 5 tho some of the keepers were just at 10". Had been catching some better fish earlier before it got cold in less depth where I started this morning. By the way I had sent you an e-mail to the address on this site but it came back undelivered. How often do you fish Okatibbee?
    Just started in the spring. Been once this fall. Would like to more often. I sent you a private message back. My e-mail has changed and my wife is keeping it from me since she works on this computer she's afraid I will be sent a virus or something. Might try to come down one day later this week. Did the deer hunting thing with my son today. Hopefully we got that out of the way. I would rather have been fishin.

Post Thanks / Like

Steve; the wife works on this computer and she changed servers. I still don't know the new e-mail. I sent you a private message the other nite, did you get it. We started fishing there this spring and been once this fall. Might try to get down there one day this week. Will let you know if we can.

Post Thanks / Like

Default nope!

Steve; the wife works on this computer and she changed servers. I still don't know the new e-mail. I sent you a private message the other nite, did you get it. We started fishing there this spring and been once this fall. Might try to get down there one day this week. Will let you know if we can.
    Nope, didn't get the message. Did you send me an e-mail or a private message?

Post Thanks / Like

Private message. May try to come down one of the next three days depending on the wind.

Post Thanks / Like

Private message. May try to come down one of the next three days depending on the wind.
    Sent you a private message, that is up at top of page.