Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: south eastern ice fishing for crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default south eastern ice fishing for crappie

im searching for some info on ice fishing for crappie? do people do it? where? best bait, jigs are best?

Post Thanks / Like

Default ice fishing

Shillins, Go to www.iceshanty.com you will find lots of info and a PA site on the forums. As far as the PA crappie club, the group organizing it now are all the way across the state, about as far away in PA as they can get from you. I believe once they get things set up, they are going to be looking to set up regional chapters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback
    Shillins, Go to www.iceshanty.com you will find lots of info and a PA site on the forums. As far as the PA crappie club, the group organizing it now are all the way across the state, about as far away in PA as they can get from you. I believe once they get things set up, they are going to be looking to set up regional chapters.
    Shilling Like Shellback said ice shanty is a good place to start. There are several guy's from down that way on that board, if you hang around long enough you'll find out who they are. One place I fished a lot when I lived down that way was Ontaloney (spelling) North of Reading. Sometime's it's a late freeze, plus there could be hundred's of guy's there. Most guy's fish Peter's cove but I think if you move around a little you'll find some nice fish there and maybe not so many fisherman. You just have to sniff them out. About 20 year's ago I got a 3.4 lb. through the ice there. Greenlane has a lot Crappie's but they dont let you on untel the ice is about 1' thick.
    Keep your line wet

Post Thanks / Like

Struble is another good crappie lake through the ice. Iceshanty.com is a great ice fishing site but its always down it seems like. They'll have it up and running by the time that season rolls around.