Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fished Henderson Today!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fished Henderson Today!

Fished Henderson today. Only caught about 10 -12 keepers. Fish were scattered. Caught all of them in about 10 ft. of water fishing about 6-7 ft. deep with pink/black and red/black jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by basinfisher
    Fished Henderson today. Only caught about 10 -12 keepers. Fish were scattered. Caught all of them in about 10 ft. of water fishing about 6-7 ft. deep with pink/black and red/black jigs.

basinfisher.......Sounds like a good day to me. It's still spotty and slow here in N.W. LA, and 10-12 keepers would look really good in my livewell! I know very few that are consistently catching right now, but we're still waiting on cooling waters and the big'uns. Thanks for the post, glad you found some sacalait.

Post Thanks / Like

Im heading to Henderson to do some bass and sac a lait fishing in the morning. Sounds like you had a decent day. Where did you catch them if you don't mind me asking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_M
    Im heading to Henderson to do some bass and sac a lait fishing in the morning. Sounds like you had a decent day. Where did you catch them if you don't mind me asking.
    RYAN M,

Been out of town for the weekend and I just got back and saw you message. I caught most of them in an old oil location that had been abandoned. There is no longer and platform in this location. If you go to the railroad tracks there is a big canal following it. When you get to the area that all of the boats fish on the tracks, go to the second cut in the tracks and turn north. The small canal cuts inbetween an island and the north flat. Before you get to the end of the canal, there is a location on the right. You just have to fish the whole location. The fish are scattered. Hope this helps. It's a big lake and I hope you can understand my directions. Like I said, sorry I didn't get back sooner.

basinfisher.

Post Thanks / Like

Im faily familer with henderson,it's down the texas canal,and is it before or after the Phillips canal? Were you fishing with a cork or tightlined?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_M
    Im faily familer with henderson,it's down the texas canal,and is it before or after the Phillips canal? Were you fishing with a cork or tightlined?
    before the phillips canal. i was using a cork and just casting in all directions from the middle of the location