Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ? about coffee makers

Post Thanks / Like

Default ? about coffee makers

ive always thought drip coffee is drip coffee weather its a $100.00 pot or a 20.00 pot been wondering here lately if the $20 jobs keep the java as hot as the higher priced ones what do you guys think
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by painterfish View Post
    ive always thought drip coffee is drip coffee weather its a $100.00 pot or a 20.00 pot been wondering here lately if the $20 jobs keep the java as hot as the higher priced ones what do you guys think
    Man we have had all of them I think in the last 25 years or so and I have never been able to tell much of any difference in the taste or temp of the coffee.
    The old prek type coffee makers to me where the best, just takes too much time to get a cup I think thats because this is the kind I started drinking coffee from with my Grandparents a long long time ago :D
    But it's all good to me I can even drink the machine coffee when I have to
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I started married life with an old fashion white porcelain drip pot where you boiled the water on the stove and pored it on top of the grounds and let it drip, then pour more water until you had a pot full. After the first cup the coffee pot was put over the pilot to keep in warm. Wow, that took me back 40 years very quickly. Now a days and it's been that way since they came out with pots with digital timers on them, we use one of those that you "set it and forget it" types. At 4:15 each morning it starts making coffee for me just as the thermostat on the furnace kicks on to bring the house up to 75 degrees. And people talk about the good old days. Anyway I drink at least 2 cups and then I'm on my way. After the coffee has been sitting there heating for more than an hour I don't like it anymore. On week ends I make the coffee, drink the first cup and turn the pot off. Any other cups I want I heat them in the micro-wave, that way it doesn't taste burnt.

"gene"

"G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

i am a coffee junkie. i've tried and used about every type of pot known to mankind. for the money, this is the best coffee maker i've ever owned. they are hard as hell to find at a target store but if you find one, get it. you won't be disappointed.

the only caveat i have is that you gotta clean it about once every 3 months or so with vinegar to keep it running smooth. probably need to clean it a little more often if you have hard water in your area.

the flavor + feature is what i love about this maker. you can use a little less grounds to get a bold cup of coffee thus saving money in the long run by using less coffee or if you like strong coffee, use the same amount of grounds you would normally use and hit the flavor + button

the only thing i don't really like about it is that pot itself is not dishwasher safe but i got me a little scrub brush to knock the color out of the pot about once a week.

Michael Graves Design™ Automatic Drip Coffeemaker - Black (40304) : Target
    incognito....... here fishy fishy fishy

Post Thanks / Like

I got my wife a nice black & decker 2 years ago for christmas, lasted 30 days.
    Cut off 4 inches of cord & sent it to B&D, got a new one. The new lasted 30
    days again & again cut cord & sent it to B&D, this time my wife for a different
    model. Went to there website, pick one out, and they sent it.
    I'll say one thing they have great custumor service. It's still in the box, we
    have been using a $9.95 maker from the dollor store for a 1 1/2 year.
    cork'n crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I use a real perculator and only put Foldgers coffee in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by popperonahead View Post
    i am a coffee junkie. i've tried and used about every type of pot known to mankind. for the money, this is the best coffee maker i've ever owned. they are hard as hell to find at a target store but if you find one, get it. you won't be disappointed.

the only caveat i have is that you gotta clean it about once every 3 months or so with vinegar to keep it running smooth. probably need to clean it a little more often if you have hard water in your area.

the flavor + feature is what i love about this maker. you can use a little less grounds to get a bold cup of coffee thus saving money in the long run by using less coffee or if you like strong coffee, use the same amount of grounds you would normally use and hit the flavor + button

the only thing i don't really like about it is that pot itself is not dishwasher safe but i got me a little scrub brush to knock the color out of the pot about once a week.

Michael Graves Design™ Automatic Drip Coffeemaker - Black (40304) : Target
    I use to have that problem with having to clean with vinager. I now only use water out of those 2 1/2 gal containers labled "drinking water" from either wally world or another like store. Have not had to run the vinegar through now for years.
    As far as a coffee maker goes, we have been sold on Bunn for years as well. It keeps hot water in it all the time. Want a cup of coffee, tea, cocoa or whatever, you can make as little or as much as you want REAL quick.
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Love my coffee almost as much as my boat

so I really am picky about what I drink.

I use a Bunn also. I think the wet the grounds better and can make a great cup with less coffee, although I love a strong cup of coffee. I use Maxwell House (not Master Blend, ewww), but I love Cafe Rojo. Its a real Colombian coffee and has 40x the flavor of the coffees we drink here in the US, but have been buying something else for those special occasions from Sam's Club.

They have a Colombian Supreme fair trade coffee in the Club brand. Fabulous taste. Its not the Cafe Rojo, but its close.
    Quit complaining about the color, just pull up your skirt and fish! -- snagged

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I like my Bunn too.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman_Wantabe View Post
    Man we have had all of them I think in the last 25 years or so and I have never been able to tell much of any difference in the taste or temp of the coffee.
    The old prek type coffee makers to me where the best, just takes too much time to get a cup I think thats because this is the kind I started drinking coffee from with my Grandparents a long long time ago :D
    But it's all good to me I can even drink the machine coffee when I have to
    You need to get a Faberware Superfast perk. Very fast and very hot, wife likes her coffee so hot it will put blisters in my mouth but I think she has burned her mouth nerves out with hot peppers. Very quick and hot.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast