Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Logan Martin trip planned for tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Logan Martin trip planned for tomorrow

I am thinking about going to Logan Martin tomorrow afternoon. Anybody got any advice or reports? I thought about trying minnows. I have not tried any this year. Should I fish until after dark or should I quit before dark? I have a underwater light I received earlier this year but I have never used it.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished only in the Cropwell creek area. I caught a 10" crappie on my first stop. Brushpile 12 feet deep. Caught it on a chartruse 1/16 grub fishing it slow and close to the bottom. I also put out minnows but only caught trash fish (spotted bass and white bass) on them. Water temp was 64 degrees. I also fished around piers. Also tried fishing 20 to 25 feet deep where I saw fish on my fishfinder. Had one bite but I missed it. Fished from noon until 4:00. Best bite seemed to be between noon and 2:00. Now I remember why I don't put in at Lakeside on Saturday's! There was so many trailors parked that I had to park near the store! Good news was that the minnows were $2.75 for 3 dozen. Bad news was that I did not need anywhere near that many.