Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leave Sports Alone !!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Leave Sports Alone !!

Name:  deadhorse.gif
Views: 242
Size:  3.0 KBThey own the auto companies, before long they will tell us which Doc you can see and how much you'll pay'em, now they want to run the college playoffs ? How far are they gonna push us???
    "Gottabefishin"

Post Thanks / Like

The college playoffs are a joke.. the BCS is more like BS. How can you have undefeated teams NOT playing for a championship? I am a LSU fan, but they lost to Florida, Bama, and Ole Miss.. yet they are still playing in a bowl game. And you have teams like Boise State, who's perfect season landed them in the Fiesta Bowl against an unbeaten TCU team, then there's Cincinatti who is also undefeated, Sugar bowl against a 1 loss team, then there's Alabama and Texas who both have unbeaten records, yet the get to play for the national championship.... Why not do like the pro's do and have playoffs? Why isn't the smaller school's entitled to play for the championship? I don't think its because they aren't good enough, they don't pull the bigger crowds into the stadiums, therefore they don't want them playing. More fans equal more money. The whole college rankings and everything to do with it is BS. Why is it called a "National Championship"? they didn't beat every other team in the nation, or play against a team that has. I think at the end of the season, the championship game should have the teams with the perfect seasons having a playoff and when its time for the championship game, there should only be 2 teams with perfect records and those 2 meet for the championship. Because when its all said and done, there should only be 1 team that stands above the rest and they should have the title of Champions
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlaughlin72 View Post
    The college playoffs are a joke.. the BCS is more like BS. How can you have undefeated teams NOT playing for a championship? I am a LSU fan, but they lost to Florida, Bama, and Ole Miss.. yet they are still playing in a bowl game. And you have teams like Boise State, who's perfect season landed them in the Fiesta Bowl against an unbeaten TCU team, then there's Cincinatti who is also undefeated, Sugar bowl against a 1 loss team, then there's Alabama and Texas who both have unbeaten records, yet the get to play for the national championship.... Why not do like the pro's do and have playoffs? Why isn't the smaller school's entitled to play for the championship? I don't think its because they aren't good enough, they don't pull the bigger crowds into the stadiums, therefore they don't want them playing. More fans equal more money. The whole college rankings and everything to do with it is BS. Why is it called a "National Championship"? they didn't beat every other team in the nation, or play against a team that has. I think at the end of the season, the championship game should have the teams with the perfect seasons having a playoff and when its time for the championship game, there should only be 2 teams with perfect records and those 2 meet for the championship. Because when its all said and done, there should only be 1 team that stands above the rest and they should have the title of Champions
    It is way past time for a playoff system. 2 be the best you have to beat the best.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

Definately bs that some of the bcs bowls are conference related like the Rose Bowl for example, bcs bids should be for the best teams in country period and not the best teams in a certain confrence. Granted a majority of the time the Pac 10 and Big 10 have some of the better teams in the country but not always.

Post Thanks / Like

the bill that will be introduced will make the BCS drop "national championship" from the bowl game. Therefore, they cannot crown a champion. It will in turn force the NCAA to implement a playoff system. Ratings for bowl games are dropping, I for one am not excited about about college football after regular season anymore even if it is a good matchup because all but one are nothing more than consolation games and we have to wait a month to see them. TCU, Boise St. and Cincy have legitimate gripes. Texas played in a weak Big 12 and Bama dodged a bullet with sorry Tenn. team. A college playoff system would be the second greatest sporting event next to the NFL playoffs, right now I would say that the NCAA mens basketball tourny is.
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

Post Thanks / Like

would be nice to see someone other then a big name school such as florida, ohio state, oklahoma, texas etc win it.. tcu and cincy have had great years but boise state has had 3 undefeated seasons in 7 years and the one bcs game the did play in they beat a heavily favored oklahoma team so that proves they can hang with the big boys. to me boise state has been screwed more then tiger woods mistresses

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Too much money involved to have a fair playoff system. Bowls make billions for the rich and influential.

You guys must want to spread the wealth.:rolleyes:
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

While I think maybe a playoff is needed I am not ready for year round football. We have the NFL, Hockey, Basketball all playing almost year round. I guess I thats why the let us change channels.
    The last thing we need is big Brother involved. I hope folks start electing people that want to look out for us. The Senate should meet 3 times a year for 2 weeks. The house should do the the same. Just think of the money we wouild save.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldwun View Post
    While I think maybe a playoff is needed I am not ready for year round football.
    It wouldn't have to go year round.. If the NFL can do them in just a few weeks, then college could do the same.. let the best of each conference play each other til you get down to 2 teams, then you have a national championship game.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

they could easily do it in the down time they have between the conference finals and when the bowl games begin, most teams have close to a month off in between

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast