Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Outdooralabama show

Post Thanks / Like

Default Outdooralabama show

I watched the alabama outdoors show last tue night 11/01/05 and they were winter crappie fishing in Feb in a lake near Selma and I never heard which lake they were fishing. They were pulling in some very nice slabs and were fishing about 4 feet deep using minnows. It looked like they were fishing around a lot of cypress trees and the water was very dark colored. They were fishing out of a flat bottom boat with only a trolling motor. I have looked on a map and there are many small lakes around Selma but I have never fished there but would to know if anyone knew which lake they were fishing and if it was open to the public. My son has just moved to Prattville and I would like to locate a good place to crappie fish around there when I visit him. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deputyking
    I watched the alabama outdoors show last tue night 11/01/05 and they were winter crappie fishing in Feb in a lake near Selma and I never heard which lake they were fishing. They were pulling in some very nice slabs and were fishing about 4 feet deep using minnows. It looked like they were fishing around a lot of cypress trees and the water was very dark colored. They were fishing out of a flat bottom boat with only a trolling motor. I have looked on a map and there are many small lakes around Selma but I have never fished there but would to know if anyone knew which lake they were fishing and if it was open to the public. My son has just moved to Prattville and I would like to locate a good place to crappie fish around there when I visit him. Thanks
    i cant remember the name of the lake either, but it was an oxbow lake. i dont know if that will help you any, but it should narrow it down some

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks,