Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Know how CP feels!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Know how CP feels!

I wasn't going to say anything until I get my Trailblazer back and see if it is as it is suppose to be. But, with Cane Poles ordeal I figured it fit right in. The airbag light came on my wife's Trailblazer the other day. I called my Chevy Dealer that we purchased it through. They said to bring it in and they would take care of it. She took it in and they did a diagnostic on it charged $100.00 and said it was the coil in the steering column. They ordered the part and she took it into the Chevy Dealer on Saturday morning. They put the part on and sent her home less about $300.00. Our Son work there and they give us his discounts. She went to work the next day and called me and said that the light came back on again and hasn't gone back out, and she said that the steering wheel doesn't lock anymore when you turn the key off. I called them and they said to bring it back in so She took it in and they messed with it and the light was off so they sent her home with it, but the steering wheel still didn't lock anymore. It still wasn't out the next day so she took it back and they gave her a lease car to drive for a couple of days so they could really check it out. They said it was done and told her that the vehicle never did have the locking steering wheel on it. This is a 2002 Trailblazer and we bought it in 2003. Someone bought it and didn't like it for some reason so traded it for a different vehicle. It had less than 10,000 miles on it when we bought it, so we have had this vehicle for 6 years. Now they are telling us that it never had the locking steering wheel on it at all. She brought it home and the next day the light came back on again and stayed on. I called them again and they asked me to come in so they could explain to me that this vehicle wasn't equiped with the locking wheel. They showed me all kinds of pictures and diagrams showing that this didn't have what I knew it did have. They said that they couldn't do anymore for us about the wheel lock. I told them that it had it on the vehicle when we took it into their shop and it will have it on it when we take it home. I called them again the next moring and told them it was back on again and they said to bring it in when the light was on so they could get the code off from it when it was lit up. I took it in this time and they took it in and after awhile they came and told me that the modular is now out on it and would be another $396.00 more. I told them no more money and to get it fixed. I asked to speak to a manager now. After a bit a Manager came and took me into a sound proof room on the sales floor and we calmly discuss the problem. I told him that it had the locking steering wheel on it when it came in and I wanted it on and working when it went out. He told me that they now found out that it needed a new modular. I told him that if they had said that to begin with then I wouldn't have said anything, but now on the 4th trip and them tearing into the steering column they find out it needs different parts. I said I thought that was why I paid the $100.00 for the diagnostic check so they knew what it needed for parts. This guy was on vacation when all this took place and just came in and got it dumped in his lap. He said that he would check on a few things and get back to me. He came back in an apoligized and said that they would fix it as I wanted and there wouldn't be any extra charge for it. He was sorry for the way I was treated by the techs and that it wasn't any way to treat a customer, but what really got him upset was that they did it to an employees family member. My Son told them first that it wasn't right because he had driven it several times and knew it had it on it. The tech that originally worked on it was out on medical leave so they didn't know what he had done to it. They gave me another lease car and said it would be fixed correctly when we get it back. I have been with this Dealer for a long time and have bought several new vehicles from them. We were on their preferred list and when they come out with a new or different vehicle we got an invite to come and see it before it was offered to the public. Not the way to do business if they are having a hard time making money. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

EB, sounds like the Chevy Dealership still has ONE honest soul still working there....or else you'd have been STUCK like CP was.:o
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

EB, I hope things work out for you..Things didn't work out for GM & me in 2006 on a new Silverado truck....Long story with safety defects that they couldn't fix and refused to work on it any longer...I traded the Obamalet for a Toyota Tundra made in Texas. I now have 36,000 on it with no defects(knock on wood)...I hate dealing with automobile dealers...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

I told them that I was prepared to take it as far as they made me even if it went all the way to GM and then the BBB. My Son told them to just fix it the way it was and be done with it because I wouldn't settle for anything less. EB

Post Thanks / Like

I've Got Problem With My 07 Trailbalzer The Doors Locks All By Themselves And The Dealer George Weber In St Louis Says No Way And I'm The Only One Having A Problem . Then When Another Guy Heard Me Talking To The Service Writer He Said He Too Had The Problem . Still No Fix For It. And Warranty Runs Out Next Week???

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Forgot To Tell You It Locks With The Keys In The Ignition .habit I Got When I Get Out To Put My Boat In I Leave The Key In The Ignition. Always

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Don't let them wear you down

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    I told them that I was prepared to take it as far as they made me even if it went all the way to GM and then the BBB. My Son told them to just fix it the way it was and be done with it because I wouldn't settle for anything less. EB
    Hang in there Beav.I went the GM & BBB route...I had gotten to the point where I was afraid to drive the truck, steering & brake problems..

Two months after I traded trucks, GM notified me that there had been a recall on my truck & they were sending a rollback to pick it up..I told them that I fixed the problem by trading trucks and the Toyota dealer was notified of the problems with my truck..

Mr Patterson that owns the Toyota dealership also owns the Cadillac-GMC dealership...I gave him the info..

My Chevy truck had 4 steering shafts replaced & 3 sets of brakes... 18,000 miles

We still have a new Chevy Impala but it will be gone soon...I have driven GM products for 52 years but GM now being 60% owned by the US Treasury will tend to make me buy elsewhere..
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rocket rich View Post
    I've Got Problem With My 07 Trailbalzer The Doors Locks All By Themselves And The Dealer George Weber In St Louis Says No Way And I'm The Only One Having A Problem . Then When Another Guy Heard Me Talking To The Service Writer He Said He Too Had The Problem . Still No Fix For It. And Warranty Runs Out Next Week???
    Don't worry about the warranty if you had it documented that you had a problem while it was under warranty and they didn't fix it, than they are still obligated to fix the problem. EB

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Brenda had a Cadillac that ate the serpentine belt constantly. They never fixed the problem. After warranty expired, she got a Buick. It had computer issues. It would just quit running going down the road. Never fixed. When warranty expired, she got a Toyota. No problems since.

Our friend and neighbor died in a Chevy truck when the gas tank caught fire after a wreck. She was burned beyond recognition. People saw her struggling to get out, but they could not help because of the flames and heat. The family received no compensation.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

My uncle wrecked his trailblazer and the airbags failed to deploy. He had to have his jaw wired shut and his mouth had to have lots of work. He still suffers from it. My Silverado failed to deploy airbags but I was not injured. I once had a grand am that was shutting off on me and causing me a lot of problems. I took it to the Ford place because it was closest to me and I did not trust trying to drive it further. They charged me something like a few hundred dollars and said it was fixed. Before I got home that night it did it again. I took it back in the next day and they drove it and said there was nothing wrong with it that it did not do it with them. I said ride with me. We did not even make it out of the parking lot and it did it. They said well you were right. I said no sh_t. So they did more work on it and I was out several more hundreds of dollars. I did not make it home and it did it again. So the next day i took it to the Toyota dealer and they looked at it for a minute or two and said, we know what the problem is but we do not have a part in stock. However we will take a part off one of our used cars and put it on there and then order a new part for you if its works. So I drove it home and had no trouble for a few days. I said order me the part and when it comes in I will bring the car back in. They said, just keep that part and we will order a part in case it ever happens again. I said, well how much do I owe you for the part and labor. They said it's on us do not worry about it. So the Ford dealer cost me a lot of money for nothing and the Toyo dealer gave me the part and did not charge me for labor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast